[Squad] Archive Armors v1.3.2 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
qwerty3w

Re: [Squad] Archive Armors

Postby qwerty3w » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:51 am

The mod is broken with the newest mod loader, anybody know how to fix it?
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:51 pm

qwerty3w wrote:The mod is broken with the newest mod loader, anybody know how to fix it?

I just tested it with mod loader 2.3.0 and everything was working as it should on my end.

If you can provide a more detailed problem description about what specifically is broken, the error messages you receive, as well as which mods you have enabled when the problem occurs, I can look into the problem for you.
qwerty3w

Postby qwerty3w » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Lemonymous wrote:
qwerty3w wrote:The mod is broken with the newest mod loader, anybody know how to fix it?

I just tested it with mod loader 2.3.0 and everything was working as it should on my end.

If you can provide a more detailed problem description about what specifically is broken, the error messages you receive, as well as which mods you have enabled when the problem occurs, I can look into the problem for you.

I found out it indeed has nothing to do with the mod loader. There is a conflict with Bots'n'Bugs mod that broke the weapon of Smoke Mech. The error message is "Something went wrong in Imn_SmokeLauncher_Tip::GetSkillEffect".
Rusted

Postby Rusted » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:20 pm

To me it happens consistently, whenever I try to visualize the weapon load-out (hover over the mech icons) of the Bomber Mech and the Smoke Mech on the start game screen.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks for the report. Should be fixed in the latest upload.
Rusted

Postby Rusted » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Works like a charm!

Thank you for the quick fix :)
qwerty3w

Postby qwerty3w » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am

There was no error when I was running the mod alone, so I thought it wasn't caused by the mod loader. Anyway thanks for fix!
Robert Scythe

Re: [Squad] Archive Armors v1.3.2

Postby Robert Scythe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:14 am

Hey, had a nutty time with a 4 Island Hard run a few days back. The beginning was ridiculously tough trying to keep the power grid up, which I suppose is the main obstacle for these mechs. Secondary weapons/equipment/pilot abilities seem really necessary to stop them from razing cities with there sheer capacity to destroy! Cannot remember all the details but I ran into something I wanted to remark on. When the APC used the Smoke Launcher on a pylon in the finale CEO Kern dropped another set of pylons seemingly in a random location. Was this an addition you created for the Smoke Launcher or was this some type of mechanic in the vanilla game? (and, as a side humorous note, if she could do that why do I have to protect the pylons at all?). Anyhow, had an excellent experience with them. Thanks, Lemonymous! Loved the spritework as well.
Lemonymous

Re: [Squad] Archive Armors v1.3.2

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 pm

Hey.

Yeah the squad concept is very much about too strong weapons for their own good, and how to find ways around that problem.

About your pylon story, that is modded in. I figured it is kind of weird to evacuate a pylon that does not have any population. It would also be weird if you could operate your mechs after shutting off all the pylons.
I could make the weapon not work in the final mission, but I believe that would not be a fun surprise to players. My solution was to let Kern replenish pylons that you turn off so you can stay connected to the grid. She is of course grumpy about it, since she does have a limited amount of them left (She doesn't say how many though. Let's just say she has just enough, but no more.)

(and, as a side humorous note, if she could do that why do I have to protect the pylons at all?)

Well, she always has more pylons left in the first phase of the final island, so I don't believe it's the actual pylons we're protecting, but the grid they are connected to. At least that is my understanding. The Grid is a bit like a magic game concept though, but it makes for good game play.

I am glad you enjoyed it even with the confusion! Thanks for the feedback.