Allow playe to sell fuel, missiles and drone parts in stores

General discussion about the game.
filibertojcossey

Allow playe to sell fuel, missiles and drone parts in stores

Postby filibertojcossey » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 am

Hi, comrades!
It would be nice and logical if you would allow people to sell surplus fuel, missiles and drone parts in the common stores. Sometimes you just need that extra few space bucks and you can't get them anywhere, which makes me sad.

I know there are rare black markets around the galaxy to trade fuel, missiels and drone parts, but their goal is to help you get a good deal on those items. Stores are there to trade for profit, even if it means that their prices for buying fuel, missiles and drones parts would be extremely cheap.

Balance solutions to prevent players from early bulking up or bunkrapcy:
1) limit the amount of fuel, missiles and drone parts that players are able to sell to the stores;
2) when player sells fuel, missiles and drone parts to the store - the corresponded amounts of resources available for purchase should be added;
3) make prices for selling fuel, missiles and drone parts cheaper then purchasing them;
4) if you don't want to dramatically change the "Sell" interface in the game - you can change the "Buy" interface for fuel, missiles and drone parts as buttons + and - .

P.S. Thank you for this wonderful game. It is awesome!
I had so much fun with it lately.
thereaverofdarkness

Re: Allow playe to sell fuel, missiles and drone parts in stores

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 am

I agree, I think this should have been done even in the original.

I would also change the price of missiles from 6 scrap to just 4 scrap. Their high price means that it's rarely worth purchasing them. If you rely on missiles and you aren't getting enough as finds, then you're pretty much screwed anyway. This price reduction would make it more feasible to buy missiles, and would also reduce the potential income from selling a large number of missiles that you found.

I would make missiles sell for 2 and drone parts sell for 4. Sometimes you wind up with a lot of missiles to sell, and that's fine. If you sell 5 missiles, that's only 100 scrap, it's no game-breaker. But I'd want to tweak the amount of drone parts you sometimes get. Occasionally I wind up with a very large stack of drone parts I could never use up by the end of the game. This isn't necessary and would be a profit problem if one could sell drone parts, so events that give drone parts should never give very many.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 pm

This was brought up when AE came out, and the short answer was "No, it would unbalance the game."

The slightly longer answer is that you're basically giving people who don't use drones and/or missiles a ton of free money with no downside.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:01 am

5thHorseman wrote:The slightly longer answer is that you're basically giving people who don't use drones and/or missiles a ton of free money with no downside.

That's only because missiles are so expensive. They should be cheaper.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:05 am

thereaverofdarkness wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:The slightly longer answer is that you're basically giving people who don't use drones and/or missiles a ton of free money with no downside.

That's only because missiles are so expensive. They should be cheaper.

I don't know an answer to that one, because I agree.
Still, selling 30 missiles for even 1 scrap each would net you 30 scrap. That's a lot.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:05 am

5thHorseman wrote:Still, selling 30 missiles for even 1 scrap each would net you 30 scrap. That's a lot.

No it isn't. It can make a big difference if you're desperate for 30 more scrap, but most of the time it won't make or break the game. I think missiles should cost 4 scrap to buy and you should be able to sell them, in unlimited quantity, at any store for 2 scrap apiece. Even in those rare runs where you get 75 missiles, that's still only 150 scrap. It's nice to have, but it's a small addition to the likely 1500+ scrap you got throughout the rest of the run. Don't forget that on the same games in which you have so many missiles, you likely also are doing well with scrap. On the runs in which you are needing more scrap, you probably don't have all that many missiles to sell. The occasional run in which you need scrap and have a lot of missiles is where the change counts, and it'll make you enjoy the game more to have the feature when you need it most.
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 am

There's a mod for that.