Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
ObstRiegel

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby ObstRiegel » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi,

i have downloaded now the Ruby 2.4.4 and try it again, i have created new images and new directions in the index.json file ( e.g.: Ä = 123.png ). And i have changed the directions for the source in the font_templates/JustinFont11Bold.json to my folders with my images but the tool won´t create my personal font. If i freshly start the tool and klick at reassemlbe.rb the tool creates a new JustinFont11Bold.font with the russian letters. I have already tried to replace everthing from the russian font, with my images but nope, then the tool even than won´t create my font version.
D-side

Postby D-side » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:20 am

The files in font_templates indicate: {a} font name via their filename (e. g. x.json would create x.font), {b} original font to patch (via source), {c} directories with characters to add (via additions), with characters listed in index.json inside each.
If it's creating a font with Russian characters it means there is a folder with those listed in the additions option.

Can you please post your font template and the index.json somewhere, like Github Gist? I'll see if I can spot any oddities.
ObstRiegel

Postby ObstRiegel » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:13 am

I think i have tried everything, no sorry i dont use Github but, here is an dropbox download link with an zip file inculding my addition and my .json file. maybe it will work on your pc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07eq65xjn3uvdjv/Creating%20an%20font.zip?dl=0
D-side

Postby D-side » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:18 pm

There are actually two tiny mistakes in index.json. In the future you can use any of the online tools for JSON validation out there, like https://jsonlint.com/
For one, the object of ß (the very last object in the index) is missing an opening brace {, and there shouldn't be a comma after the last object.
Fix those and the font should build, I just tried, it works! Nice job!

I would suggest you rename the additions folder to something like HL2.german so it doesn't conflict with the disassembler.

And also you can remove from additions all the characters that you don't intend to replace. They'll be preserved from the original font. No major harm in leaving them be though. If this is scary for you, then don't :)
ObstRiegel

Postby ObstRiegel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Thank you very much!! Now it works. I have created a new HL2.font with the letters i need.
TangAce

Postby TangAce » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am

hi
I have a problem with the mod manager
whenever i try to patch
it says something like that:
patch failed .java bufferunderflow error

and then after this ftl doenst work until i verify the game files (because one has a problem)

can someone help me? it has never done that before
microbicspore

Postby microbicspore » Mon May 07, 2018 11:03 pm

I have a problem with the mod manager
I have just installed it and tried to run it but
whenever I try to run it I get an error like
Slipstream could not find its own folder (Currently in "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win"), exiting...
so I would like to know a way to fix this as the debugger is not helping
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon May 14, 2018 6:21 pm

TangAce wrote:whenever i try to patch
it says something like that:
patch failed .java bufferunderflow error
[...]
it has never done that before

After verifying the game files, have SMM delete its own backups, and make sure you aren't dealing with a specific faulty mod.

If you see anything interesting in the log when that happens post it here inside [ code ][/ code ] tags.
microbicspore wrote:whenever I try to run it I get an error like
Slipstream could not find its own folder (Currently in "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win"), exiting...

Are you running a modman exe file or the jar? Don't double-click the jar.

You might also try running the exe from a command line in that directory.
axisforwood

Postby axisforwood » Sun May 20, 2018 12:02 am

Hi

Have downloaded the latest version of Slipstream (1.9.1 and copied the folder inside the unzipped one to my FTL game folder. When I try to open the modman.exe or modman_admin.exe programs, a black command window comes up with:

"ERROR FTLModManger - - Slipstream could not find its own folder (Currently in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win"), exiting..."

A dialogue window titled "Error" (there is also a red octagon with a "x" in it before the text) also pops up a moment later and says this:

"Slipstream could not find its own folder.
Currently in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win

Run one of the following instead of the jar...
Windows: modman.exe or modman_admin.exe
Linux/OSX: modman.command or modman-cli.sh

Slipstream will now exit."

I am not clicking on the jar file and running it (if I do run the jar, the dialogue window appears without the command window). How can I make my Slipstream work? (I believe 'microbicspore' [their message is 2 above] has the same issue as me)

Thanks
Last edited by axisforwood on Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:27 am

axisforwood wrote:Hi

Have downloaded the latest version of Slipstream (1.8) and copied the folder inside the unzipped one to my FTL game folder. When I try to open the modman.exe or modman_admin.exe programs, a black command window comes up with:

"ERROR FTLModManger - - Slipstream could not find its own folder (Currently in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win"), exiting..."

A dialogue window titled "Error" (there is also a red octagon with a "x" in it before the text) also pops up a moment later and says this:

"Slipstream could not find its own folder.
Currently in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\SlipstreamModManager_1.9.1-Win

Run one of the following instead of the jar...
Windows: modman.exe or modman_admin.exe
Linux/OSX: modman.command or modman-cli.sh

Slipstream will now exit."

I am not clicking on the jar file and running it (if I do run the jar, the dialogue window appears wihtour the command window). How can I make my Slipstream work? (I believe 'microbicspore' [their message is 2 above] has the same issue as me)

Thanks

The latest version of slipstream is V1.9.1, not 1.8.
If that wasn't a typo you should consider downloading the latest version.