[GFX] Tweevle's Restored Crew Portraits (Compatability update)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jumbocarrot0

[GFX] Tweevle's Restored Crew Portraits (Compatability update)

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:57 am

Attention: The contents of this mod are not made by me but were made and previewed by Tweevle in RAD-82's post 'Previews from the impatient' pages 7 to 9. They have no role in the making of this mod and I want to make it clear that the portraits shown in this mod, with exceptions, are their work and not mine.

Acknowledgements and Credit
Permission was granted to use assets created by the following people:
The Arsenal+ Dev Team - The human hat sprite is from Arsenal+, permission was granted by Bamalf and Mr_Easy_Money, however the exact creator of the sprite is unknown.
Corn - A lot of improvements were created by the user Corn. These improvements are the engi portraits, the rockman robe sprites and the slug hat sprite.

Now that I have that out of the way:

Tweevle's Crew Portraits
Tweevle wrote:I was inspired by the Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics Mod (by LordTrilobite) to make portraits based on my own interpretations of the races!
Zoltan - bureaucratic greys, Slug - obese and eyeless, Rockmen - ape-like, Mantis - face-fingered.

This mod is my (successful) attempt at putting Tweevle's crew portrait previews into the game.
All of these portraits shown above were made by Tweevle, with the exception of the engi portrait and its accessories, as Tweevle never released their engi portrait.

You can download Tweevle's Crew Portraits here.

Tweevle's Accessorised Portraits

This version uses accessories that were in Tweevle's previews. These accessories include monk robes for rockmen, western style hats for slugs, roman style armour for mantis and a plethora of human hair styles and glasses. The accessorised version also adds new colours and replaces the vanilla names with new ones so the chances of getting male and female sprites/names are equally likely. And yes, these accessories are also seen on ship.
ImageImage

You can download Tweevle's Crew Accessorised Portraits here.

The above mods can be used with other mods, however it should be patched after any other mods.

Versions for Captain's Edition and Arsenal+

With the standard mod, the crew accessories Captain's Edition and Arsenal+ would be overwritten and removed. With these versions, the additions in CE and Ars+ will be changed to fit the Tweevle Portraits.

You can download the Captain's Edition version of Tweevle's Crew Portraits here.
And the Arsenal+ version of Tweevle's Crew Portraits here.

Some mods with the remastered style UI may conflict with this mod.This small patch will fix these problem. This patch can also be used with other portrait mods.
Last edited by Jumbocarrot0 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:57 am, edited 11 times in total.
bamalf

Re: [GFX] Tweevle's Restored Crew Portraits V1.0

Postby bamalf » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:14 am

It's great that you finished that mod! Although Engi looks a little boring and short stature :geek:
Image Image Image
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:20 am

bamalf wrote:It's great that you finished that mod! Although Engi looks a little boring and short stature :geek:

I know but I'm no artist. Thanks for the feedback though! I tried to make it a similar style of using the colour palete from the crew sprites.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:43 am

I've been working on some engi portrait variations and just want some opinions before making a final design.

From left to right they are:
  1. A taller, slimmer hunchback design
  2. A taller, slimmer design
  3. Original
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:31 am

I'm not an artist too, but maybe it will be something like this (it is a little modified official art).
Image Image Image
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 pm

bamalf wrote:I'm not an artist too, but maybe it will be something like this (it is a little modified official art).Image

I like the design. Inspired by that, I made another engi portrait:
The one on the far left is the new one and the other three are for comparison.
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [GFX] Tweevle's Restored Crew Portraits (Accessories update)

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 am

New update implements the new engi portrait shown above and an accessorised version of the mod with accessories shown from Tweevle's Previews is now a separate mod. The accessorised version also adds new colours and replaces the vanilla names with new names for the main purpose to have an equal chance of having male and female sprites.
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [GFX] Tweevle's Restored Crew Portraits (Accessories update)

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:16 am

Corn wrote:Hello. Your mod is looking great. But the hat for slugs does not look very good in my opinion, can you look at my version of the hat on the link: [link] (colors for the hat are taken arbitrarily). Base picture for hat was slugs portret in your mod.

Tried to make new accessories for your mod. A hood for rockmans and a hat for slugs. Already is all done, you can integrated their into the mod, if you like. Link: [link]

Sorry for not looking at these earlier, I was caught up irl. And also thank you for taking interest into this mod enough to want to improve it, that is greatly appreciated.
As for your accessories, they look great! I would be more then happy to include them into the accessories edition, with credit of course.
I will update the mod in due time with your accessories and some other accessories which I, forgot to include.
Jumbocarrot0

Tweevle's Restored Crew Portraits updated

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:35 am

The Improvements update has been released (aka update 2)

This update adds the following:
  • Hats to humans (Which I forgot to add) which use assets from Arsenal+
  • Corn's excellent sprites for rockman robes, slug hats and the engi portrait.
  • Some improvements on the colours based on Corn's opinions on the matter.
  • A new Remastered GUI patch that changes one changed asset used in the base mod to the remastered style. Used in conjunction with any remastered GUI mods.
G3PSx

Re: [GFX] Tweevle's Restored Crew Portraits (Improvements update)

Postby G3PSx » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi, Im new to this so sorry if this is a dumb question. But you're saying I can't install this with CE then? As that's an overhaul mod that changes crew portraits? I think this mod looks awesome and would love it to work with CE.