Custom Squad Pagination

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
Auxarch

Custom Squad Pagination

Postby Auxarch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi, I'll try to make this brief.
I've created a way to display a new list of squads every time you click select squad (looping back to the defaults once you run out of custom squads).

However!

Right now "getStartingSquad" is called once when you first enter the hangar, the results of which are stored in the backend.
Any further calls to getStartingSquad only affects which squads are shown in the squad select list when "Select Squad" is clicked.

My plea to the devs:
Please query getStartingSquad from the backend when the player clicks a squad on the select screen, not just once when entering the hangar.

This would be a fantastic stop-gap measure until we can get more robust modding access (e.g. UI)
Auxarch

Re: Custom Squad Pagination

Postby Auxarch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 pm

I found a way around it!

It would still be nice to query each time the squad list is loaded, because my work-around is to page next only when new game is clicked.

This feature should be showing up in Cyber's mod loader very soon! Look forward to it.
Lt.Labcoat

Postby Lt.Labcoat » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

So, uhh...

...what happened with this?
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Lt.Labcoat wrote:So, uhh...

...what happened with this?

It's not needed anymore, thanks to AUTOMATIC writing an extension which allows us to draw our own UI elements. The latest versions of the mod loader comes with it built in: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32833
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
Lt.Labcoat

Postby Lt.Labcoat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:43 pm

Ah right, I see, that was the workaround he was referring to. I thought he meant he found a way to make the squad select support pagination anyway.

Dang.