[Portrait] Female Pilots

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
AUTOMATIC

[Portrait] Female Pilots

Postby AUTOMATIC » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm

This is a rework of 4 female pilot portraits. This mod makes them a little bit more white-ish and more anime-like in appearance.

Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/ZonAqgc.png

Download:
1.0.1(Chen added!): https://drive.google.com/open?id=10e__2 ... Sqd3ga4TjE

Installation:
1. Install the mod loader: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 76#p115876
2. Unpack the archive to your mods directory (<steam>\steamapps\common\Into the Breach\mods).
Last edited by AUTOMATIC on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Different Female Portraits

Postby Matthew » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm sorry but you cannot upload the bulk of the game files for distribution. That's not acceptable. You will have to find a way to distribute a mod that doesn't involve distributing our resources.

It appears this modder has already found such a solution: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32838

In the meantime, please remove the download links :(
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
AUTOMATIC

Postby AUTOMATIC » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

I will remove links, but this should be quite obvious to you that the link you posted is not a solution in any way as it doesn't allow you to replace images.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:24 am

It showcases a way that mods could be uploaded without breaching the rules (no uploading the bulk of the game files). Within the post is another link to another post that contains a program that can put mods into the game.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
AUTOMATIC

Postby AUTOMATIC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:16 am

The thing linked to is useless to me because it offers no way to alter in-game sprites, which is what the mod I posted does. Hope this explanation is simple enough for you to understand, 4n4, and if it's not, do write back and I'll elaborate further.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:53 am

Where did you get the info of not being able to modify sprites from?
The mod provided just says that there is no original art for the mechs yet.
This implies that there is a way to change sprites, but the mod provided does not.
Either that, or I'm just being an idiot.
Please elaborate further.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

AUTOMATIC

Postby AUTOMATIC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:04 am

There is no functionality to modify sprites in the linked mod loader. I got this info from looking into its source code. Where did you get your info that that functionality is included?
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am

Ah. It seems that I was mistaken. Please disregard my previous posts.

stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

Hello, I released an update to the mod loader today which lets you load images, so now you could port this mod to be compatible with others.

Some feedback about the mod itself: The portraits you have made look very similar to each other, compared to the portraits in the base game which all look unique and you can usually get an idea of who the characters are by looking at them. They're well made, don't get me wrong, but they look uninspired.
Also, Pilot_Hotshot is Henry Kwan, a guy. Did you mean to replace Pilot_Leader (Chen Rong)?
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
AUTOMATIC

Postby AUTOMATIC » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 pm

That's nice. I'll try uploading the version of the mod for your loader sometime soon.

And yes, I replaced a guy by mistake, thinking is was a woman. Chen is a man too. Only 3 girls in the game, it looks like.