[MOD] Expand Weapon and Drone Slots to 4

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

[MOD] Expand Weapon and Drone Slots to 4

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:55 am

so... somebody was looking for a mod that increases the number of Weapon/Drone/Augment slots, so I figured I'll do that, except for the augments bit since that can't be done with non-hardcoded modding.

Expands the number of weapon and drone slots to 4 for all ships.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here for Mediafire Download for this mod.

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v1.1
- changed formatting to findComposite tags. since every ship's slots are being overwritten, doing it all in one tag makes more sense

v1.0
- initial release
blancfaye7

Re: [MOD] Expand Weapon and Drone Slots to 4

Postby blancfaye7 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:16 pm

I'm confused. I wanted to increase drone slots to 4, but I read somewhere that the UI will be destroyed...

What trick did you use?

EDIT: Oh wait, the UI does get destroyed if it's a 3~4 weapons and 4 drones in a ship.
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:30 pm

blancfaye7 wrote:I'm confused. I wanted to increase drone slots to 4, but I read somewhere that the UI will be destroyed...

What trick did you use?

EDIT: Oh wait, the UI does get destroyed if it's a 3~4 weapons and 4 drones in a ship.

yes, the UI was never intended for more than 6 total slots. it could be worse though, as you can imagine if the number of drone slots is increased again from 4 to 6. the last drone slot may not even display, going off screen...

(impossible unless you delve into hardcoded modding)
The only way I would think of displaying everything would be to reduce the size of each slot. Making it a scroll list wouldn't make sense given the hustle-bustle nature of FTL.
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 am

Would be nice if this could be done with the iPad style weapon and drone UI. As in, the items are listed vertically, not neccessarily using just icons.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:15 pm

4n4 wrote:Would be nice if this could be done with the iPad style weapon and drone UI. As in, the items are listed vertically, not neccessarily using just icons.

Current modding tools can't change the listing from horizontal to vertical, but it'd be cool wouldn't it? Yes there would be enough horizontal space so as not to break the UI, but better yet I think the tooltip box (shows when you hover over weapon/drone on main HUD) to the right would look cool. However, making the boxes vertical might not fit either... wouldn't they cut into your ship's shields or further?

It's an interesting thought, and I wish there were better modding tools (maybe in the future? please?). Simply being able to rearrange things on the HUD would go a long way.
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Even further, would be nice to be able to scale the UI down and/or use higher actual resolution to gain more space.
f3ztive

Postby f3ztive » Thu May 07, 2020 12:34 am

How did you go about modifying the data for these sections? I am trying to make a mod to increase the maximum weapon power for ships and I suspect the data would be nearby whatever contents you modified to create this mod.

thanks f3z
-f3ztive