[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
4n4rch1st

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 am

Jake heard the distinct sound of a teleporter as a man in Rebellion uniform materialised.

"Well, I see you've gotten the AI into a working condition."

In one swift motion, he had ripped the AI's motherboard out, with wires still attached and the AI looked like it was in alot of pain. The man now had an evil smile, perhaps eviler than the feeling Jake felt.

"This will certainly help decode the chip."

And as fast as he had arrived, he was gone.

Cold.

So cold.

So very, very cold.

How long have I been here?

Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

Years?

What was my name again? Bravais?

What was my mission? Who am I? Am I human? Am I crystalman? Am I both?

Where did I come from? Who do I know? Who are my friends? Who are my enemies?

Wait. Questions wait, Questions wait until rescued. Until safe. Until not cold.

Who will come? Good? Bad? Neither?

Will I die? Am I dead?

Why can't I remember?
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Jake lazily looked up from his position on the floor, panting. The rebel man's smile showed malicious intent... but all Jake could think about was so much worse. The rebel man disappeared, and out of the nearby window Jake saw a rebel ship vanish into hyperspace. With the main computing core torn away from the station, the secondary BIOS took over, deactivating all force fields and turning on the lights. Airlocks automatically relinquished control to their basic side-panel controls. The AI was gone.

Jake slowly rose to his feet and trudged through the unlocked station, back to the others. "The AI... It wasn't evil... It just saw the ultimate evil..." He panted. The others looked at him like he was crazy. "No man... no creature is as evil as the Silence... The Silence is the end of all things... the primary evil of the multiverse..."

Jake paused to catch his breath. "With the AI gone the station is unlocked. We can now manually use all onboard technology, since the backup BIOS chip is acting as the main computer. Recall our ships. We'll loot this station and get out of here." The team started moving away, going to various places to loot supplies and other materials. "And guys... You don't understand what the Silence is. You can't comprehend it's power. But know that it's there. It is in the place underneath the universe. And nothing is worse than it. Not the rebellion, not the Mantis... nothing. Nothing is worse than the Silence."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Sediment stared at Jake, clearly thinking he is crazy. Kira's expression was similar but more sincere then others. Sediment went away to scavange while Kira stayed with Xernia, clearly suspicious of her with the aura, strangely futuristic gun and the murder of some random innocent guard. "May I see your blaster." She said to her.

Meanwhile, Trenchcoat was worried for a completely different reason. "On no, I've lost contact with the station AI, ssomething must've happened, ssomething bad." He looked at the station's security cameras, relieved. "Oh phew, they're fine now. You sshould probably rescue them." There was an awkward silence. "Well no need for this converssation anymore, you know how to contact me." the speaker turned off and the drone stayed in the same position, waiting for Bren's command.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 pm

"Here ya go," replied Xernia, handing over her blaster. It was definitely from the future, but it wasn't from the Mature.

Xernia continued. "And if ye think he was innocent, think again," she said, holding up the Rebel insignia she tore off the dead guard. "How else would they track us?"

"On another note, there's a distress beacon nearby. Should ye check it out?"

Xernia thought back to the 'Silence'. Looking around, she discovered she was the only one with a sympathetic expression towards Jake. All the others had faces that indicated that they thought he was crazy. She had experienced it before. And if she didn't hurry up, it would happen again. And again.

And again.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 pm

(damn it I missed everyting ugh)

Bren spoke up, "Alright Trenchcoat, no idea how ya did this why are you doing this, just give me the orders and guide me through to helping everyone" he said
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:10 pm

"Rebels... I knew it" Eden said as her crew began tearing down what they could along with the loot that could be easily carried "There was no way the Federation could have found and cleaned up the station inside a quarantine zone that's being maintained by the Rebellion."

Lux however was talking to Jake "The SIlence? Wait..."
She thought back to her favourite TV show. There was an episode where Captain Awesome had to deal with a distress call outside of a singularity.
It had the usual explanations from the science officers about how it would distort time and no one could escape an event horizon... she thought to herself, It was a pretty standard episode but I read on the Galactinet that the original script was... weirder.
"I don't think I can understand what the AI or what you just saw back there but I think I can get the general idea" Lux said, quickly putting two and two together and making... fish. "Throughout history we've all been getting hints of this ultimate evil every time we delve into the mechanics of a black hole..."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 am

Kyrie was also curious of this “Silence.” She approached Jake and Lux. “What do you mean ‘Nothing is as evil as the silence?’ What did it show you?”
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:23 am

Chickengames wrote:Kyrie was also curious of this “Silence.” She approached Jake and Lux. “What do you mean ‘Nothing is as evil as the silence?’ What did it show you?”

"I can't really elaborate... It's just so... so confusing... I... Kyrie, maybe someday I'll be able to explain it. Maybe someday I'll be able to describe it in words. But... but not today..." With that, he walked away.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 am

Bren the stunned wrote:Alright Trenchcoat, no idea how ya did this why are you doing this, just give me the orders and guide me through to helping everyone

Trenchcoat came back on the speakers. "Oh don't worry, without the AI you sshould be able to dock without floating away." Trenchcoat thought for a bit. "Something doesn't add up though. The AI is very ssimple, it sshouldn't be capable of what it did. If you could figure out what happened with it that would be great."

Kira looked at the gun, not from the Mature's but still odd why she has it. She then looked at the rebel insignia, not a fraud but how could she know before killing him? Kira still didn't trust Xernia, but she seemed clean. After a long stare she went to Jake. "What happened in there?" She asked.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Bren nodded his head, "Alright then Trenchcoat" he said reigning control back

"So do you need to still remain conntected or should I let my little bot here go his merry way" he said getting closer to the station hoping to help anyone on there
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269