Created my account for this because you deserve MUCH more attention:
To everyone that spent too much time that they're willing to admit on this game : THIS IS THE ULTIMATE MOD FOR ALL OF YOU
I've been playing with random flagship for a while now, but every random flagship is almost always way too easy to handle.
THIS on the other hand, feels like playing for the first time every time : Every flagship created is unique and had a proper gimmick to hit, which WILL require specific equipment/counter for each, what worked in the past won't ever on any new flagship.
this increases the longevity by at least a 10 times fold, with this I feel like I will (almost) never run out of things to fight
This is an incredible mod! So challenging and each Flagship is really unique. I died several times on a few of them before finding a winning strategy. Thanks for making this!
I want to definitely recommend this mod to EVERYBODY. This is amazing!!! Every game is different! There's a new challenge every time! Everyship is carefully planned out to surprise you and it really works with every other mod I've tried.
I don't understand how this has fallen to the 3rd page on the forums - it's too good not to stay on the first page. Really people, try it out and post your experiences!!!
Fantastic mod! Loving it. So nice to have different flagships to fight.
What is 26 Flagships about?
Based on the "Flagship Randomizer", I offer the following mod for the FTL Community: the Custom Flagship Set. This set contains 26 human-made Flagship designs that are thoroughly tested and intended to be balanced, but with a wide array of different styles and challenges. That doesn't mean everything is perfectly done, but it DOES mean that you can have an interesting fight and know for sure that the battle will be worthwhile - and also different, every single time.
Included is a tiny program that will pick a random Flagship for you and shroud its name so you don't know which one you're fighting until you get there. You can choose to keep playing against the same Flagship each time, or randomize it every game if you like. Just make sure that the list of Flagships is in the same folder as the randomizing program, and you're good to go!
All you have to do: make sure that the mod "Custom Flagships" is the second-to-last mod in Slipstream, and make your Flagship choice the very last mod in Slipstream - engage the mod, and you're ready to play!
Clear Instructions on Using 26 Flagships in Slipstream
1. Set aside a folder somewhere for the "26 Flagships" - you need it to have its own folder if you want to do randomizations.
2. Custom Flagships 1.2 should be in the "mods" folder in Slipstream.
3. If you want to fight a specific Flagship, just put it in the "mods" folder in Slipstream.
4. If you want to fight a random Flagship, make sure all 26 variants are in your Flagships folder, and then run the ".jar" file provided - it will create a new file that is a randomly-selected clone of one of the 26 Flagships.
Place this in the "mods" folder in Slipstream.
5. In Slipstream itself, Custom Flagships 1.2 should be your second-last item, and the Flagship should be your last item.
To the best of my knowledge, Custom Flagships will work with *any* mod and also work with standard AE FTL just fine. So long as these are your last two items in Slipstream, you are good to go.
Download 26 Flagships Here
What's this CE modmod in the "Mods Variants" folder?
The CE modmod isn't the main part of this package - you can safely ignore it if you like. HOWEVER, I've made some efforts to tweak CE to give a more balanced and rounded perspective to all the weapons, drones, systems, and augmentations, as well as revising the entire Trade system and fixing lots of grammatical mistakes. This was purely for my own fun, but I think others might enjoy it as well.
If you want to use it, simply replace "Captain's Edition" with "ZHO CE Mod 4.0", and that's it - leave all the other CE items alone in your Slipstream Mods folder.
COOL FEATURE OF IT: A reason you might want to play the CE modmod is that I've made a completely new set of starting loadouts for all the ships. These are different than either the Vanilla or the CE loadouts: they each provide unique challenges and strategies to start out with. I'll be making some videos to give an overview of each one as well.
By all means, if you find any bugs or problems, simply feel free to contact me - communication is how I make mods like this better.
A Final Note - Playthroughs?
I want to declare that soon I will be starting some playthroughs with the mod, and when they are ready I will start linking them here at the bottom of this post (I didn't take the second slot...oh, well). Here's specifically what I have in mind:
1. A general verbal intro to the 26 Flagships - how to install and why I created it; some additional notes not made here.
2. Some notes on the CE modmod, for those who are interested.
3. I will aim to playthrough once for every one of the 26 Flagships so you can see them in action.
4. Since I need to *GET* to the 26 Flagships, I'm going to be recording my games up to that point as well - but these recordings will be elsewhere on the channel and not critical to the current aim. I'm using this to practice my microphone skills and actually explain my reasons for doing things better because it's always been an area where I could improve.
Download 26 Flagships Here
(Yes, yes, I know there's another link higher up in the thread - but why not just have two? Or three? Or Four? )
YouTube Video Series
Intro to 26 Flagships - Concept, Download, & Setting Up
Intro to ZHO CE Mod
Kestrel A Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Kestrel B Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Kestrel C Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Engi A Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Engi B Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Engi C Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Slug A Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Slug B Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Slug C Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Zoltan A Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Zoltan B Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Zoltan C Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Rock A Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Lanius A Loadout - ZHO CE Mod
Flagship A - (my first practice video - don't expect high quality on this one)
Download 26 Flagships Here