[SHIP] The Arnai

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
please dont touch me

[SHIP] The Arnai

Postby please dont touch me » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am

Hello! This is my first mod i've made, so feel free to add any constructive criticism and feedback.

The Arnai was a prototype mantis battleship, substituting Reconstructive Teleport for a medbay. However, the cruiser was stolen during testing by the Federation as they needed a new weapon against the rebellion. As a result of taking the ship during testing, the battleship is weak in terms of reactor and weapons.

Hull:
https://imgur.com/a/5paXJ

Systems:
6 reactor power
Shields - 2
Weapons - 1 (3 slots)
Teleporter - 3
Oxygen - 1
Pilot - 1
Doors - 1
Sensors - 1
Hull - 30

Weapons:
Dual Laser
Small Bomb

Augments:
Reconstructive Teleport

Other things:
No gibs. The ship just floats off. I'm not very good at making gibs.

Replaces Mantis B.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlwodgktexje0 ... tl?dl=0&m=
V1 Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou840un5vda2n ... tl?dl=0&m=
Last edited by please dont touch me on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Arfy

Re: [SHIP] The Arnai

Postby Arfy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:25 pm

Hmm, welcome to the modding community!

Yellow black checkered pattern near pilot

To answer that,
kartoflame: "this happens when you've installed mods with SMM while the editor was running, and then saved the ship. The solution is to either not do that, or use File > Reload Database as soon as you return to the editor.
Update: Since beta10, the editor will reload the database automatically when it detects that you've modified the game's archives.
"

You could try opening the FTL mod file and go to find the pilot interior image and pilot glows, delete them, and replace them with the same pilot glows and interior image.

Ship goes too far right

SMM can adjust this; Edit --> Calculate Optimal Offset

Onto the ship itself:

(Playing on AE Hard) I really don't know what to say, but one thing is for sure -- this ship is UP (Under-powered), having only 2 weapon slots makes it harder to progress through sectors, basically relying on RNG to give you the right weapons to use -- the weapon start isn't good either, a single Basic Laser is practically nothing (for example the Gila Monster, it also had a small bomb which could be used in tandem after a weapon upgrade, perhaps give this ship another weapon to use after upgrading once.)

Level 3 teleporter is also a bit over the top, but I guess it works for having recon tele and no medbay.

Also, I honestly think that having 35 hull is a tad unnecessary, standard hull is 30.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
please dont touch me

Postby please dont touch me » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:59 am

Thanks for your input Arfy.

I found that the black yellow checkered pattern came from the pilot glow.

having only 2 weapon slots makes it harder to progress through sectors

I've added 3 weapon slots now.

the weapon start isn't good either, a single Basic Laser is practically nothing (for example the Gila Monster, it also had a small bomb which could be used in tandem after a weapon upgrade, perhaps give this ship another weapon to use after upgrading once.)

I've buffed the weapon start to a dual laser and small bomb.

Also, I honestly think that having 35 hull is a tad unnecessary, standard hull is 30.

When i was making this ship, i wasn't sure whether to have 35 or 30 hull, but i guess this settles it.
wow! its The Guy
Discord - microwave#0388. Contact if you need pirate paint done or just general shading work.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:33 am

Thats an awsome idea Don't touch me! Can't wait to see your future mods!