The Torus' Engi Med-bot Dispersion augmentation & Med-bay

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
rdrey

The Torus' Engi Med-bot Dispersion augmentation & Med-bay

Postby rdrey » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:54 am

Hi everyone

I noticed that my Med-bay needs to be powered on for the Med-bot augmentation to work, but do higher levels of the Med-bay also increase the rate of healing caused by the augmentation?

I played the Torus last night and didn't get my crew into enough trouble to ever notice the higher levels of Med-bay making a difference.

Thanks!
Spazticus

Re: The Torus' Engi Med-bot Dispersion augmentation & Med-b

Postby Spazticus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:13 am

rdrey wrote:I noticed that my Med-bay needs to be powered on for the Med-bot augmentation to work, but do higher levels of the Med-bay also increase the rate of healing caused by the augmentation?

Yes, as long as it's powered to that level. The gains are small, but every little bit helps keep your crew alive. That said, you don't have to keep it fully powered, or powered at all; you can just divert power as you take hits. (Also bear in mind a powered down system can't be affected by ion damage...) ;)
rdrey

Postby rdrey » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks. Just beat the game (on easy) using the Torus twice. (On my work machine and at home. Don't tell my boss. ;))

In both games I got the achievement for not losing any crew until Level 8, the Torus with Med-bots makes this one quite easy.
icepick

Postby icepick » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 pm

The medibot dispersal does NOT level up with the medbay.

source
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:30 pm

I belive the augment has a fixed healing ability. Upgrading and powering the Medbay will increase healing of crew inside but will not affect the healing effect of the augment.

I could be wrong.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
icepick

Postby icepick » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:32 pm

I just said that... I even linked to the devs owns posts...
Paladynian

Postby Paladynian » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Interesting, it really *felt* like the higher level medbay also boosted the effectiveness of the med-bots. They are already so powerful I guess that was just a matter of confirmation bias. :)

Regardless, Med-bots = my favourite ship upgrade in the game. It is hard to play any other ship that doesn't have them. :)
Spazticus

Postby Spazticus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 pm

icepick wrote:The medibot dispersal does NOT level up with the medbay.

source

My apologies, I stand corrected.
icepick

Postby icepick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:34 am

No worries. Just wanted to make sure the proper info is out there. :)
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 pm

I actually tend to sell my Engi medibot upgrade. Went with a scrap arm, drone arm, and weapon reloader last time to great results. It's slow enough that it's not really that big of a boost. It's best use seems to be repairing vented O2 systems and fending off boarders. Anything else and I find I'd rather just get the medbay's speed.

I haven't checked though, do the medibots affect your own boarders? I wouldn't imagine they do, but if they did, that'd be a pretty large advantage in their favor.