FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 am

blancfaye7 wrote:Damn... I guess I won't be able to do this unless I remove some of my current activities out of the way since I need to spend quality time for this to become a reality (of course).

the slipstream tags can be a bit intimidating at first, and they're not necessary. I mentioned them because they not only make modding easier (for me at least), they promote usability with various mods. for instance, replacing the list that dictates which weapons enemies use vs appending to the list. replacing would overwrite the list, making use with overhaul mods difficult. appending via the append tags would do so.

inevitably, figuring out the events structure will take time, but to me, that's trivial compared to coming up with dialog that'll make sense -- navigating the file structure isn't so bad, but making an event requires thinking.

blancfaye7 wrote:I recently had a 'modding disaster' too, which is a huge factor of me choosing other activities over this one.

do you mind elaborating on this?

blancfaye7 wrote:Oh well... Maybe someday I'll find the inspiration to do this, but it might be too late when it comes.

I'd love to see what your ideas are for the texts, and I hope you endeavour to do this, and I also hope that what I've said hasn't made you feel that it'll be too much of a hassle. I love FTL and modding for it which is probably the reason why I'm still here.

--
but I'm tired and sleepy, so that's all I gotta say for now :roll:
ftoml

Postby ftoml » Tue May 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Uh hi

The link to the resource pack seems to be broken or something is wrong with the file, I think. MediaFire just won't let me download it on any browser at any time. The other links work fine, but I can't seem to get the resource pack.
blancfaye7

Postby blancfaye7 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:49 pm

This was reported twice already. Sometimes I can get the pack to download, but sometimes it is hard to reach this pack.

Maybe reupload? Or perhaps a mirror.

-----

So far, I have not noticed anything strange in spelling and grammar (using the latest master branch on my fork.)
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
TheDarkTruth

Postby TheDarkTruth » Mon May 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Good Evening
I just created this account to report a bug so please forgive me if i break any rules.

The bug I encountered is similar to/the same as the one mentioned by "redlerred7" a month ago.
Whenever I try to jump to a specific beacon the game freezes right after the ship jumps out.

The mods loaded are Captains Edition including Infinite and Endless Loot. (Correct Order)
Additionally I had Event Assistant loaded before everything so the few vanilla events that don't get rewritten by CE have some extra information.
Secondly I rewrote a single event in CE. (removed two possible events from an eventList out of anger because the event triggered twice within 5 minutes and removed my two most needed crewmembers)

Removing Event Assistant and loading the original CE did not fix the bug so I don't think that it has something to do with Event Assistant or my own modification. (At least if I understand the way it works correctly)

I have a backup of the continue.sav and could send it via Dropbox-link if needed but i dont know if this is allowed on this forum.

If it is needed and you can tell me how i should send it I will try to answer within 1 or 2 days.

Best regards
The Dark Truth
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 15, 2017 6:19 pm

The continue save doesn't really help to pinpoint the issue, unfortunately. You can tell me the sector name though, and if the beacon is marked as distress or anything else.
TheDarkTruth

Postby TheDarkTruth » Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm

I think you are not going to like this.

Sector Name: Contested Deep Space

Beacon:
- Possible Ship Location
- No Distress Signal
- No Dangers (Long-Ranged Scanner installed)

If there is anything else i can help with please let me know.

Edit: I found a crashlog but I dont think that this will be helpfull either:
Edit2: Crashlogs were probably from me trying to load the save without mods so nothing usefull there.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed May 17, 2017 3:21 pm

WAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
TheDarkTruth

Postby TheDarkTruth » Wed May 17, 2017 5:59 pm

I have been searching for a way to test through the different events in the mod.
Unfortunately i was not able to get it to work.

If you have a way to do so I would be willing to help with searching through the events this week (after work of course).
MinHui128

Postby MinHui128 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 am

Maybe should trade goods take up cargo slots instead? It will make trading a lot more viable as trade goods would not take up precious augment slots. If you cannot make cargo items not go into weapon or drone slots, they can be useless defense drones.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot that cargo will not create blue options. Maybe they can be sold right from the sell slot without the first step although it will remove the supply and demand mechanic.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Gidoza wrote:Question - When saying "Deal!" to the Pirate mission about going and killing an enemy leader - when killing that enemy leader, the reward event never triggers - I only ever get a really wimpy reward that makes the whole thing not worth the while. Is there something missing in the quest data?
I'll look into that.

TheDarkTruth wrote:I have been searching for a way to test through the different events in the mod.
Unfortunately i was not able to get it to work.

If you have a way to do so I would be willing to help with searching through the events this week (after work of course).
There is a test event set up somewhere in event.xml.append that is configure to execute events on launch. But...
TheDarkTruth wrote:I think you are not going to like this.
Indeed! :D Since that means the problem could basically be in any event and maybe it could even be specific to CE Infinite. Most likely its an event in the Infinite list that doesn't actually exist, but I went through that several times in the past without finding any issues.

There are some events that keep producing issues, but only in ways I can't reproduce. The zero-graf factory event in Auto-Sectors for example, that seem to create crashes on some runs for a few people, but testing it shows nothing out of the ordinary.