FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nighty

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299b/EL 1.299b

Postby Nighty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Yeah, no one would belive in truce after breaking the truce (except maybe Zoltan) but still, having weakness to every AI in games, in this too, they are just always so poor, so not enough good programmed to be able to defend self from player or other stronger AI's just bcs there's no self-aware AI in games that could learn. Just being sad, just don't like killing surrendering AI's, author of this mod made them too cute for us.

As for jumping, well, tried to do that can't jump more than X into deep space but it ended up that got finally stuck on sector 5 and exploring everything takes all the fuel spending a nice bit of time... just waiting for something to blow up to get fuel, buy fuel or desroy Rebels if they arrive to get fuel. About changing fuel price... have realy no idea how would modify CE, neve eve moded this game so don't know how to change it to just 1 fuel.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:07 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:honestly if it were up to me, I would redesign the moral thing that if you choose an option to be immoral about something, you can't change your mind about it. the way the whole check for the pirate slug ship, brutish rock ship, mantis etc. (aka crew doesn't care) should work is that there will be an option for ships that fall under that category (have the required augment) and another for those that don't, but they will be hidden from each other.

in this way, the moral implications of something won't say something like "your crew may not agree" or whatever, and you'll have to deal with the consequences of your decision rather than having a two-part system to double check you to see whether or not you actually agree. make a choice and deal with it.
I'm pretty sure that was how piracy worked at first, like a few years ago. :D But new players got turned off a lot by trying the option the first time and then having to face potential crew loss without a way to back out. That's why that option is there.

Nighty wrote:Also another ask, crystal crew, crystal ships, crystal weapons, they are so overpowered, the fact that crystal crew can just grow shield piercing crew killing/room locking weapons that both deal damage like middle/end-game weapons is kinda radiculous, sending in 3-4 crystal crew will lock room forever so destroying that weapons room and/or oxygen and then not allowing them to fix it + bombaring them with crystal weapons is just so op, refused to play crystal ship at all just bcs can restart game over and over untill crew member will grow weapon that would like to have and with boarding design B of crystal ship can just win against everything. Can crystal be nerfed?
The crystal ships, weapons and abilities where strong in vanilla. Looks like that is by design, so I'm fine with it. As for the crystal socialization outcome: If players want to cheese the start till they get a weapon thats their call. There are numerous ways you can cheese the game and I don't really care much about counteracting those. Crystal socializing would loose intricacy if I'd remove those outcomes, not worth it in my opinion.

Nighty wrote:Yeah, no one would belive in truce after breaking the truce (except maybe Zoltan) but still, having weakness to every AI in games, in this too, they are just always so poor, so not enough good programmed to be able to defend self from player or other stronger AI's just bcs there's no self-aware AI in games that could learn. Just being sad, just don't like killing surrendering AI's, author of this mod made them too cute for us.
<3 <3 <3 : )
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:37 am

Nighty wrote:...but still, having weakness to every AI in games, in this too, they are just always so poor, so not enough good programmed to be able to defend self from player or other stronger AI's just bcs there's no self-aware AI in games that could learn.

it's interesting how you say AI, but a distinction should be made between auto-ships and AI. the auto-ships are the one you describe. the AI on the other hand, are the annoying ones that jump away quickly and have nanobot clouds, however, are interesting to deal with because of that.

Nighty wrote:As for jumping, well, tried to do that can't jump more than X into deep space but it ended up that got finally stuck on sector 5 and exploring everything takes all the fuel spending a nice bit of time... just waiting for something to blow up to get fuel, buy fuel or desroy Rebels if they arrive to get fuel.

yes, that is agreeably an annoying consequence of that -- end up reaching the exit beacon with around 13 fuel, and so you take the long-range jump because by that point the enemies are boring, and then you run out of fuel next sector...

Nighty wrote:About changing fuel price... have realy no idea how would modify CE, neve eve moded this game so don't know how to change it to just 1 fuel.

I can guide you through the process, or better yet, I could just do it for you, if you want, as an addon. it'd be a simple manner of changing the value from -10 to -1, or whatever you want...

the -10 fuel is an interesting thing how I described above, though if it were any less, it wouldn't really feel like a long-range jump -- you have to expend a lot of fuel just to get closer. the best thing to do really is actually to buy a lot of fuel in preparation, because you know you'll need that fuel not only to make the jump, but also for the sector that lies ahead. getting caught by the fleet in ce infinite is not something you want happening in the later sectors (or so I'm told :twisted:).
Nighty

Postby Nighty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:11 am

As to piracy and lossing crew or something, never lost crew to this bcs never stolen things without slug/rock allowing this, having only problem with those drone stations etc (not those big ones, those small ones that talk) bcs wish that could spare them double... just in case they start being scared~

About helping with changing fuel price... might wait, thanks. About being caught, well..., in sandbox that's rather just a big punching bag comming insteed of escaping, with proper weapons and cloaking atleast lvl 1 cruisers are easy (fire, suffocating, boarding or... forever lock-down oxygen room lol)
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 am

Nighty wrote:As to piracy and lossing crew or something, never lost crew to this bcs never stolen things without slug/rock allowing this

a good call on your part. I'm not sure of the odds, but I figure it's something like the giant alien spiders, except you can't cheese it with clonebay
Nighty wrote:About helping with changing fuel price... might wait, thanks.

not entirely sure what you mean by this... is that a no? maybe because of what I said about how it shouldn't be any other way?
Nighty wrote:About being caught, well..., in sandbox that's rather just a big punching bag comming insteed of escaping, with proper weapons and cloaking atleast lvl 1 cruisers are easy (fire, suffocating, boarding or... forever lock-down oxygen room lol)

weren't we talking about running out of fuel and the fleet catching up? ASB's, can't escape. I do suppose I am rather tired to actually think about this correctly :roll:

I was referring to late sectors in CE Infinite, something which I personally have no experience with, which I suppose is misleading. here it is, taken directly from the main post. it vaguely states that they are more vicious than in regular CE:
Captain's Edition wrote:If you get stranded and the fleet should catch up with you after all, then the Rebels you face will be even more vicious than in standard CE. If you advance to sector 7 deep space, you will continuously face well equipped enemies.

I guess it really all depends on what difficulty you have set for yourself -- how many deep-space sectors you plunder between regular sectors. again, personally I haven't even played CE Infinite enough, so I can't properly comment and so I probably shouldn't have done so in the first place. :oops:
Nighty

Postby Nighty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:08 am

About fuel price, yes it was no (just polite one), just not feeling like doing it right now (not being too extreme FTL fan, gonna get bored pretty soon bcs reasons)

About being caught and that they are so strong, no, don't do it, they kill, they gut us alive and whatever... no, they are realy weak, in normal game there is just scout or fighter if remember right and no fleet fire support, in here is cruiser with fleet fire support. It can be nasty when starting but mid/late game even if can't escape bcs no fuel, survive fleet fire and get rid of missiles that cruiser have, to that point everyone should have cloaking (have no idea why would someone take something else than cloaking for 8th system so assuming everyone should have it) so do that and win. The only problem that have with those forced "bosses" is that they don't drop anything except 1 fuel, in vanilla bcs of no fleet support could fly even into rebel territory and farm them for nothing but fun, guess if had 1 or 2 hull repair drones and augument that saves drones if not destroyed then could go into rebel territory even here in CE infinite.
Electrolf

Postby Electrolf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:00 am

The AI Sector / Ships as enemys are very very rare, or? I till now never meet them.. Yes I run only CE without Infinit addon.

But this is the best mod, yes! :3
blancfaye7

Postby blancfaye7 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:51 am

Found a new spelling error!
"[...]You are the FIRST[...]all very EXCITING[...]"

Previous post about bugs: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&start=6330#p108457 (I don't want them to be forgotten.)
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:43 am

blancfaye7 wrote:Found a new spelling error!
(I don't want them to be forgotten.)

as per your spelling finds, they have been added to a pull request on Github, the main spellchecking thing

more info about this from the main post:
Captain's Edition wrote:You can also support CE by participating in our collective effort to spellcheck the mod texts. That is done through a public git repository.
blancfaye7

Postby blancfaye7 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:...
as per your spelling finds, they have been added to a pull request on Github, the main spellchecking thing

Thing is, I don't know how to do Git the 'right way', though I have knowledge how to commit and push. That's why I thought it is better for others to add them instead.

Also, what's up with the extra system power on Shields? That last bar is... unusable. (CE Infinite)
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius