[MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

[MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 am

NOTE: Limited Time Offer! is originally by RAD-82, found here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27212
Credit goes to them for the main structure/events for each major option.

Features from the original mod/The 3 'major' options:
-- Surpass the 8-system limit
-- Gamble for unknown equipment
-- Consumable offers coupled with reveal sector map and fleet delay offers

Advanced Limited Time Offer! Base v1.0.1
The base mod should be placed in place of the original mod by RAD... this mod is separate from that one and is NOT an add-on for it.

Features new to this mod:
-- Lets you browse all 3 of the major options above regardless of which one you chose first. Maybe you change your mind, you can't afford the prices, or it's too expensive for you, switch and maybe the offers in the others appeal to you. Switching to other offers is indicated by a blue choice. No endless looping though as it would possibly create the best deals, by cycling until the options were good.

-- All sorts of various flavor texts/More description in nearly all aspects of the menu, choices and events alike. Each time you browse the menu, it will be worded differently.

ImageImage

-- Mystery box for the random equipment gamble option:
The mystery box gives you something random from the other options: either a weapon, drone, augment, or crewmember. You don't have any idea what it is, but it has a cheaper price range (20 - 45 scrap). 45 is a cheaper price cap than the other options' price caps, and 20 is the lowest the other options' prices can go. I pretty much thought which price range I'd even think about buying something in, but found that if I made it able to be lower than the others that it became too cheap.

-- Revised the fuel, missile, and drone part consumable offers to have price ranges that make more sense (5 fuel for 6 scrap makes no sense, as does 3 fuel for 15 scrap)
-- Adds the menu to vanilla events that can result in stores opening, but aren't designated store beacons.
-- Revised the system offers to only cost +15% of the base, not -15% (except for oxygen, whose vanilla cost is irrelevant since every vanilla ship starts with oxygen). It didn't make sense to be able to get systems for less than their regular store price, especially since the menu always allows you to buy any system you want.
-- Packages the drone control buy option with one of four drones (you get to see which drone), as is almost the case when you buy drone control from a store (added the possibility of getting Beam I with drone control).

Click here for Dropbox download.

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 1.0.2
- corrected small error in fuel consumable pricing
- changed artillery cost from 150-173 scrap to 100-115 scrap

v 1.0.1
- added compatibility for FTL 1.6.3 (yet still backwards-compatible with FTL 1.5.13)

v 1.0
- initial re-release

~~~~~
\~|~/
~~~~~
v2.0
- Limited Time Expansion is now its own mod and doesn't need the original LTO mod by RAD-82. did this so you don't have to fumble around with 2-3 mods just for this.
- got rid of the 'mercenary' texts from the fleet delay thing in the consumable menu since it didn't make any sense at stores unaffiliated with pirate-types; now it's something like "persuade" the shopkeeper
- added a lot more possible texts to the consumable offers, and a bit more possible text to the gamble option
- added a mystery box option in the gamble option ranging from 20-45 scrap that could be either an augment, drone, weapon or crewmember. you don't know which is why it's even more of a gamble but the top of the price range is lower than the other offers.

v1.4.2
- fixed the bugs that wouldn't let you buy mind control or the clonebay to replace medbay from the list of available systems

v1.4
- restructured the chain of events to event calls to make for easier editing in the future
- added more possible texts to the buy fuel, missiles, droneparts, buy time, and sector map choices

v1.3
- added more flavour text to randomize the text displayed for the choices. see showcase video for examples

v1.2
- renamed to Limited Time Expansion! from Browse-All Extension for Limited Time Offer!
- Added more description for each major choice.
- Added flavour text via textLists so the choices you see will not always be worded the same.

v1.1
- made the "Browse more offers..." option blue to make it stand out

v1.0
- Initial release

Advanced LTO Patch - CE Compatibility
An add-on for the Advanced Limited Time Offer mod, granting compatibility with Captain's Edition. Should be placed after the base mod in the mod order.

Makes Limited Time Offer available in all CE stores, like ones in the Hazard, Industrial, Quarantine Sectors and others. Also adds the menu to CE events that can result in stores opening, but aren't designated store beacons.

The menu presents itself within the trade goods menu if you don't trade any goods ("Just check the available ship equipment"). This gives you the chance to deal with trade goods if you want, maybe you can sell something for a good price but you didn't realize it, or maybe you'd like to buy something; if the menu was outside you wouldn't know.

Slight change to the menu itself: buying a teleporter through the systems menu is overall slightly cheaper to fit with the cheaper base system cost in CE.

NOT compatible with Captain's Remix, for now use just the base Advanced LTO mod for that overhaul.

Changelog:
v 1.0.2
- following CE v1.305, artillery cost has been reduced from 150-173 scrap to 80-92 scrap
- corrected small error in fuel pricing, same as base mod

v 1.0.1
- fixed a big bug in one of the cargo teleporter branches that wouldn't let you purchase drone control, which also in turn made some of the choices across the entire event chain appear blank (without text)

v 1.0
- initial re-release

~~~~~
\~|~/
~~~~~
v2.0
- reflects changes to v2.0 of Limited Time Offer!
- combines Limited Time Expansion into this mod
- added the Limited Time Offer! menu inside of the trade goods menu which makes it available in other places.
- reduced the teleporter cost in the systems menu since CE lowers its cost from 90 to 80 (now 68-92 instead of 77-104, like hacking). this was a big factor in separating from the expansion portion.

v1.1
- added a greyed out option to the pirate sector store trap. if you can select then that means you have too much scrap and resources.

v1.0
- Initial release

Advanced LTO Patch - Arsenal+ Compatibility
An add-on for the Advanced Limited Time Offer mod, granting compatibility with Arsenal+. Should be placed after the base mod in the mod order.

Makes Limited Time Offer available in all Arsenal+ stores, like ones in the Unstable, Border, Order Sectors and others. Also adds the menu to Arsenal+ events that can result in stores opening, but aren't designated store beacons.

As for the menu itself, the prices for systems and consumables in their respective menus are re-balanced to match the changes Arsenal+ makes, in some cases more expensive but in other cases less expensive.

In addition, when buying drone control through the menu, you can't see which drone you'll get ahead of time, but when you do buy it, you get to decide between 3 drones as if you had the chance of choosing between the 3 different types of drone control you'd find in the actual store (combat, defense, support). Just like how the endless cycling in the real store menu makes it impossible to tell which drone you'll get ahead of time, here it's impossible to tell which drone you get until you actually buy the drone control system. Regardless of which drone you pick, it will sell back to the store at the same price just like in the actual store. I thought this was the best way to capture Arsenal+'s drone control roulette.

ImageImage

Changelog:
v 1.0.3
- raised price of mind control from 50-58 to 65-75 following Arsenal+ English v1.6

v 1.0.2
- changed price ranges of consumables to now better fit their Arsenal+ store prices

v 1.0
- Initial release

CE Infinite Compatibility pending addition.......

DISCLAIMER FOR CE INFINITE: buying the systems through the LTO menu is not accurate for CE Infinite and is thus a 'cheese' method of buying systems, since system costs are higher in Infinite.

Just know there is only one store that can be spawned in the deep space sector and even then there is only a 2/3 chance of it spawning. Thus seeing the Limited Time Offer! in the deep space sectors is significantly more rare.
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 34 times in total.
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Limited Time Offer! for CE and Limited Time Expansion!

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm

so I made a v1.2 for the Browse-All Extension, and then I renamed it to Limited Time Expansion!. I was originally thinking to make the expanded wording through the CE version, and then continue just the browse-all part in the extension. then it hit me that some people might just want the bare-bones plain and simple version.

so instead the Browse-All Extension is the one that's changing. I'm adding more description and the subchoices will not always look the same (the major choices are always listed as the same).
if you think that you shouldn't be able to look at more than one major option, then don't select the blue text. in this way the "Browse-All" part is completely optional.
---
so this "Limited Time Expansion!" is what I'm going to be updating from now on for more description and other ideas bouncing around in my head.

going to post a video soon... I need to sleep.. so fatigued. :| :roll:
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 am

Limited Time Expansion! version 1.3 :mrgreen:

I added all sorts of flavour text to randomize what the choices look like instead of 'Deal!' or 'Buy time.' in the base mod.

here is the new showcase video for v1.3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikLuE2ivzdc
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:21 pm

remember when I said the Expansion was the only thing changing? well it turns out I left out the pirate sector store trap. there wasn't any easy way to add it in, so I left it out, but added some flavour text choice to address it. If there was an actual option you'd be able to bypass the actual event -- it is a trap after all.

I guess it follows the same thing that happens after there the battle ends -- you can't exchange trade goods so in that same vein you can't do the things in the limited time offer.

I know, it's not really much in the way of "content", but at least you'll have some pointer that LTO is not working instead of wondering why. I guess this explanation kinda did that already... :roll:

in any case there is a new version out for Limited Time Offer! for CE

you shouldn't ever be able to select the choice, but if you can it means you have too much stuff. I added in a little something there in case you do, but it's impossible to get the requirements for it unless you give yourself a cargo container's worth of resources and several tons of scrap.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:16 pm

there is a new version out for Limited Time Expansion!

v1.4 adds some new possible texts to the buying fuel, buying droneparts, buying missiles, buying time (fleet delay), and buying a sector map choices for more variety

also revamped the code to make the event chains call systemlist events instead of creating a new identical event every time. this just makes it a whole lot easier and therefore faster to edit the mod meaning probably faster updates aka more content sooner.

to-do:
- give better descriptions to the major choices and the in-between time after selecting "No deal. Browse other offers..." blue option to make it feel more like a store and less like a menu.

that is, after all the whole intent of this mod: make it less a menu to sift through what I want to buy and more like an actual pop-up offer displayed across your vid screen as a side-part to the store, making offers/trade deals that the store might not offer.

the big thing about this whole mod is that it doesn't necessarily mean the deals will always be better than the store. the fact that you can only select the offers before the "store" menu pops up means you don't know if the store has what's in the menu, for example, say you want to buy hacking. it's more expensive than usual at stores but you really need it. you might not buy it, but then realize that the store doesn't have any systems. same kind of thing goes for weapons, crew, etc.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:11 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:also revamped the code to make the event chains call systemlist events instead of creating a new identical event every time. this just makes it a whole lot easier and therefore faster to edit the mod meaning probably faster updates aka more content sooner.

Limited Time Expansion! v1.4.3

fixed the bugs that wouldn't let you buy mind control or the clonebay to replace medbay from the list of available systems

sorry about that. it should now be working as intended. this is what happens when you copy+paste thinking it's a quick shortcut but end up screwing things up by forgetting about something that wouldn't have happened were you to do it from scratch :oops:

p.s. y'know, it's called "available" systems. Imagine you don't have access to all of them? not in this expansion though...
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:50 am

this isn't an update, but rather an open question, applicable to anybody using limited time offer!, even the original one by RAD-82, to be used as feedback for something I want to add.

when presented with the "Gamble on random equipment..." option, how good does the offer have to be for you to take it? for example, would you buy any of the options at 50 scrap? what is an acceptable price and where is the limit drawn?

also, do you think having a price that you would never buy at (that is, above the "limit") is a good means of balancing the mod so that you can't buy things for cheap? or do you think it is just a waste of time?

--
why I'm asking:

thinking of adding a 'Buy a mystery box' option which could be anything from the other options (either a drone, augment, weapon or crew), but I'm not sure about the price range. might also tweak the other ones? not sure.
--
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Expanded Limited Time Offer! w/CE support

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:45 am

released version 2.0 of what was originally called Limited Time Expansion! and Limited Time Offer! for CE.

main changes:

- now there is only one mod to load instead of 2-3 mods, combining Limited Time Expansion! with the other base mods. either Expanded Limited Time Offer! mod (regular or CE) should be used in place of the original mod by RAD-82. this is not meant to shove that mod outta the way, but instead to make it easier to load the mod.

- more possible description for the consumable offers and a bit more for the gamble on equipment option. you can see these examples on the main post, and a video will be added soon.

- mystery box option with price range 20-45, can be anything from the other 4 choices. relatively low price range to make it appealing, but still is a real gamble ;)

-------------------------------CE------------------------------
- the menu has been added inside of the trade menu. this gives you the chance to deal with trade goods if you want, maybe you can sell something for a good price but you didn't realize it, if the menu was outside you wouldn't know. an unintended (but positive) side effect is that this makes Limited Time Offer available in other places where you can trade goods, as the result of events separate from the main stores.

- also another note about CE, upon further analysis, the original mod by RAD-82 doesn't work in Pirate Controlled Sectors because the name of the store is different in CE

and like always, I probably forgot to mention some other change :roll: anyways, this update is long overdue, so I'm finally... making the update... yeah...
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer!

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:10 am

This entire mod has been revamped, and is now finally being released. See the main post for all the details. :mrgreen:
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer!

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 am

Advanced LTO Patch - CE Compatibility v1.0.1

- fixed a bug in one of the cargo teleporter branches that wouldn't let you purchase drone control

EDIT: actually, it was a bigger bug (and this is a bigger fix) than I thought. not only did the bug not let you purchase drone control, it ended up making some choices across the entire event chain appear blank (without text, you wouldn't know what you were choosing). :!: