The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DebtlessGamer

Re: The Shipyard

Postby DebtlessGamer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:35 am

steamtex wrote:
DebtlessGamer wrote:
steamtex wrote:Quick little hack together I did of the Kestrel and Federation cruisers. Comes in Federation Boring and Federation Blue. Maybe a cruiser, maybe a cargo ship.

All images including gibs download

I did get a bit lazy with the gibs, so there are only three, but hey.

May I gain permission to use your hull design in a ship mod I'm working on?

I'll allow it.

Thank you
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 pm

I'd like to point out that this tutorial I made can be applied to these planets which Sleeper made (which look awesome by the way) to get them to fit in the game a little more.

Apparently FTL doesn't like lava. It works pretty well for most of them though.

There we go...

It's important to note for anyone who'd want to do this that to make Sleeper's planets the size of one of the larger FTL planets, Sleepers' size will have to be increased. A cubic interpolation works best for this, and you might consider making the image 3 by 3 larger than the original rather than 2 by 2.
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:21 am

In honor of my new account, time to post some incomplete hull images that'll ill probably never use. I'll remove them if I change my mind, so these are all up for grabs.

One of my early attempts. Shading techniques are primitive and the color scheme is boring, but not too bad otherwise.

Crystal ship. I spent an agonizing amount of time putting together that tiny bit of crystal in the middle of the picture. Made before AE.

Was attempting to make something similar to the peregrine cruiser without completely ripping off its design. Decided it wasn't worth the effort and gave up.

Basically just spliced the stealth A on to a kestrel-like body without any color.

The most recent and probably the best out of the batch. Intended it to be a cargo ship and was going to write some unique events for it, but who's got time for that. Took a lot of inspiration from some of Taxi-Service's works when making it.
ImageImageImage
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Kieve wrote:
NarnKar wrote:Wait, the Rebel Destroyer's a splice? Dang, Kieve, you're really good at splices.

Are we thinking of the same ship?
It's not much more than a beefed-up Elite with some flagship parts stuck in, hardly a masterwork of the trade.
(And yes, I am posting it here that others might find some use for it, since Turning the Tide was mothballed into oblivion some time ago).

Well thanks for that. I just used it to add more variety to the patches on the type C of my ship. If I can find a good Lanius image, I want to splice those in...
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:18 am

UltraMantis wrote: The ship designer places a light on top of the ship in the preview display, so all top-down images come out with harsh lighting. Screenshots taken in game use neighbouring stars as a source of light so they look better.

In response to this:

You can rotate the ship to 'move' the light source, if I recall... I don't have any ships to add, though.

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:40 am

Anyone got good Lanius or Crystal hulls? I would like to use them... to rip apart and stick together to make a Crystal or Lanius ship or two...

MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Don't know if this works(Pretty sure it does)
Just bumping this topic so people know/remember about it XD, i know that plenty of people have hulls that they made/started to make/finished
or any other art
that they arent going to use. As Mantis said, Post anything your not gonna use here XD. i would post something but every hull i have im using.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun May 01, 2016 5:07 pm

I made some Type C enemy hulls!

I took the small Slug and Zoltan ships from CE, re-painted them a tad and used their colors for their related ships, so credit goes to CE for that.

Download links, including gibs and the rock cloaks!

Mantis Ships- http://www.dreniarb.com/elijah/Type_C_Hulls/Mantis.zip

Slug Ships- http://www.dreniarb.com/elijah/Type_C_Hulls/Slug.zip

Rock Ships- http://www.dreniarb.com/elijah/Type_C_Hulls/Rock.zip

Zoltan Ships- http://www.dreniarb.com/elijah/Type_C_Hulls/Zoltan.zip

Anyone can use these, you don't need to give me credit unless you want to.
Last edited by elijahdb on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Fri May 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Can someone make a black version of this ship?
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Fri May 27, 2016 2:38 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Just put this quote so Ultra gets a notification! XD

You said you can provide cleaner images w/o background?
If you could do these 3 please XD
And i might end up using the blue ones, not sure yet :p
Thx :mrgreen: