FTL GOG Version running slowly depending on network

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
capi3101

FTL GOG Version running slowly depending on network

Postby capi3101 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Greetings. I am currently running Gog Version 1.6.13 of FTL on my work laptop, a Dell Precision 5550 hex core @ 2.6 GHz with 16 GB physical memory, running Windows 10 Enterprise v. 10.0.19044. Onboard video is an Nvidia Quadro T1000.

I've noted a curious issue with the game. When I'm running it at home with the laptop connected to my home network, the game gives me no problems. On my work network, however, I've noted lag lasting anywhere from about 5-20 second occurring when dialogue boxes first appear, when my ships arrive at stores, immediately preceeding combat, and immediately following making ship upgrades. The game is not unplayable under these conditions but is it requiring me to be a bit patient. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any lag similar to what I'm describing and whether or not there is a known solution to getting it to stop doing it.

If I haven't provided sufficient information, please let me know and I'll try to provide it. I do think the type of network or network connection is what's causing this - this morning I was connected to my work network via a VPN at home and noted the lag; disconnecting - switching back to my home network - fixed it then.