my game dosent start

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Nodoz

Re: my game dosent start

Postby Nodoz » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:38 am

I have downloaded this game on both Steam and Xbox for PC. Both experience the same issue of getting to the load screen, finishing the load and then the game hangs. When I do file verification on Steam, it finds one file needs to be downloaded. I then wait for the download, restart Steam and check integrity again. It shows all files are valid. When I restart FTL, it does the same thing of completing the load screen and then hangs. Checking the file integrity again shows one file needs to be updated. I do not know which file is being corrupted or is missing as it does not appear in the log file. I have the latest drivers for graphics, MB, and the Steam client. I have gone through all FAQ and other suggestions and tried them all to no avail as per this website and Steam. This game worked fine back in February with no issues. I also uninstalled and reinstalled with the same issue. I have also verified that in start options in the Steam client, -DirectX is set as a launch option.
zeGman

Re: my game dosent start

Postby zeGman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:04 pm

sliderladder wrote:This works without fail. Every time I load two separate windows, the second one will work. I don't know what that means though.

I was able to open one window up manually, and launch the second window through steam, and the second window through steam works too. I just don't have any of my progress saved, but i'm not sure if its because this isn't the right solution, or if i accidentally deleted it in the process if finding a solution for this. I would assume the data for my progress would be saved in the steam cloud though.

UPDATE

I played, and beat the game after doing my two window method (first opening the game manually, then opening it a second time with steam). Upon completing my run, I exited the game and launched it again only once (one window), through steam and it works, and it saved the progress from the run I had just completed (I unlocked two cruisers and they were still there). I cannot figure out how to get my old progress back, but i'm happy just being able to play the game again.

So my game is fixed, and I hope this doesn't happen again to me or to anyone else. :roll: Hope this helped!

This can be fixed without having to do this stuff, but you just have to delete your save, sadly. It will generate new saves. You can press L to open the console while not in an event or menu and type in the command SHIP PLAYER_SHIP_[Name of ship] (for B and C ships, you type in SHIP PLAYER_SHIP_[Name of ship]_[2 for B and 3 for C])
If you do use this tho, rip your run.
you can use the aforementioned console commands to get the ships you had back.