Bluescreen after ~5 minutes of play

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Dranius7

Bluescreen after ~5 minutes of play

Postby Dranius7 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:37 pm

I've been unable to play ftl for longer than a couple minutes at a time. The game opens ok, but after 3-5 minutes, the system shows a BSOD with this error code:"THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER".
I've been getting this crashing ever since installing a new graphics card in December. I would submit a crash report log with this post, but none was generated due to the BSOD stopping all processes at the moment of the crash.
This only happens with FTL, all other programs run ok.
Could this be an issue with the windows 10 Creator's Edition, or is FTL incompatible with my graphics card driver?

This is FTL version 1.5.13

System specs:
CPU: i3-3240
RAM: 8 GB ddr3 1600
Graphics card: Radeon RX550
Graphics Driver: Adrenalin 18.1.1

Before i installed this card, i was using a Geforce 8400gs without issue in FTL.
isla

Re: Bluescreen after ~5 minutes of play

Postby isla » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Hey there,
Could you shoot me an email at contact@subsetgames.com with a dxdiag report attached? I'd like to take a look at your graphics drivers. Also, are you playing with a Steam version, from GOG, or somewhere else?
Dranius7

Postby Dranius7 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:47 pm

An email has been sent. Also, it has been a few years since it was bought, but i think it was through humblebundle.
Dranius7

Postby Dranius7 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Re-installed in a directory that has write/modify permissions (Program Files doesn't have this permission by default in windows 10, only installers can write there.) Then i enabled V-sync and frame rate limit as an extra precaution. Seems to have "fixed" the problem, as i haven't seen any blue screens during FTL play since doing so.