Game crashes on startup (Runtime error)

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Hellbor

Game crashes on startup (Runtime error)

Postby Hellbor » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Hello (this is a Google translation)
I bought FTL on Steam last Saturday and was able to play it without any problem for two days. But since today, can not start the game. The loading screen is displayed well, but then a Runtime error appears and the game stops. I did not install any additional mods.
I also installed FTL on my second computer (a laptop) and I have the same problem.
How can I fix that?
I've read several old topics on Steam that say to delete the backup file, but this does not solve anything.
I also uninstalled / reinstalled the game, and Steam, but without success.
Thank you in advance.
--
Raphaël (from France)

PS : I'm on Windows 10
isla

Re: Game crashes on startup (Runtime error)

Postby isla » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Bonjour Raphaël,

C'est une traduction aussi. J'espère que ça va bien.

Étant donné que le crash se produit, la cause la plus probable est un fichier de sauvegarde corrompu. Réparer:

1. Désactivez Steam Cloud Sync - Si votre fichier de sauvegarde est corrompu ou perdu, la synchronisation du cloud Steam tentera de recharger la mauvaise copie. (À partir de votre bibliothèque de vapeur, faites un clic droit sur FTL et sélectionnez "Propriétés". -> Cliquez sur l'onglet "Mises à jour" -> Décochez "Activer la synchronisation Steam Cloud pour FTL." -> Cliquez sur "Fermer".

2. Fermez la vapeur.

3. Déplacez / renommez votre profil actuel. Cela se trouve dans Mes documents / Mes jeux / FasterThanLight - Vous cherchez prof.sav et / ou ae_prof.sav

4. Sans redémarrer Steam, exécutez FTL directement à partir de son répertoire d'installation comme vous le faisiez auparavant. (Le jeu est situé quelque part comme C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ commun \ FTL plus rapide que la lumière.)

Si le jeu fonctionne correctement, cela signifie que votre profil de sauvegarde a été corrompu. L'outil en éventail suivant peut ensuite être utilisé pour restaurer les vaisseaux perdus et les réalisations (c'est en fait le même que nous utilisons nous-mêmes quand cela arrive):

Windows exe ici: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ftleditor/
Version multiplateforme ici: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10959

Si vous avez des problèmes avec ce programme, s'il vous plaît faites le moi savoir. Sinon, si vous me dites quels vaisseaux et succès vous avez débloqués jusqu'à présent, je peux vous faire un nouveau fichier de sauvegarde et vous l'envoyer directement: contact@subsetgames.com
TheGreatBrandenee

Postby TheGreatBrandenee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:32 pm

I've followed the instructions and no bueno. My game doesn't even show the load screen, it just crashes as soon as you try to run the game. It was working 3 days ago and no mas. I don't use any mods, but I am using beta because I'm on Windows 10. I've disabled cloud sync, closed steam, deleted the save files, run the ftl.exe from the file location and still doesn't work.
isla

Postby isla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Could you try adding "-directx" to the game's launch options? To do this, right click on FTL in your Steam library, select "Properties", then under the "General" tab (it should be the first one you see) click on "Set Launch Options..." When the launch options window opens type in "-directx" (without the quotation marks) then click ok.
TheGreatBrandenee

Postby TheGreatBrandenee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Worked like a charm. I even restored my save files and they're fine. Ty Ty Ty. I absolutely love this game and was extremely upset I couldn't get it to launch.
isla

Postby isla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 am

Thanks for letting me know it worked!
Aarondemoncia

Postby Aarondemoncia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:58 am

I had this issue myself, but with the GOG version, solution was the same, adding -directx to my launch preferences
gerip03

Postby gerip03 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Hellbor wrote:Hello (this is a Google translation)
I bought FTL on Steam last Saturday and was able to play it without any problem for two days. But since today, can not start the game. The loading screen is displayed well, but then a Runtime error appears and the game stops. I did not install any additional mods.
I also installed FTL on my second computer (a laptop) and I have the same problem.
How can I fix that?
I've read several old topics on Steam that say to delete the backup file, but this does not solve anything.
I also uninstalled / reinstalled the game, and Steam, but without success.
Thank you in advance.
--
Raphaël (from France)

PS : I'm on Windows 10

I am facing this crash issue now whenever i start it