Game Not Saving - Old Data

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
SoulCheese

Game Not Saving - Old Data

Postby SoulCheese » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:49 pm

This is through Steam.

Its been a while but I was playing today, got a few achievements, and later on after loading the game up again realized they were gone. When I hit continue I also noticed it was the same spot I had started in initially.

I checked the \My Games\FasterThanLight directory and noted the prof.sav is from 3/30/2014, and the ae_prof.sav and continue.sav are from 1/3/2017.

I tried deleting the directory but the file dates persisted at launch (pulling from Steam). I disabled Steam Cloud sync and deleted the folder, attempted a new game, hit 'save+close', but no files appeared (the folder did get created). I also tried giving 'Everyone' full control over the directory in case it was a permissions issue.

Re-enabling Steam Cloud sync just pulls the original old save files I detailed earlier.
SoulCheese

Re: Game Not Saving - Old Data

Postby SoulCheese » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:51 am

This has been resolved.

Had a little time on my hands, soI ran procmon and filtered for that path when launching the game, starting a new game, and save+quitting. I noted an ACCESS DENIED result, immediately followed by an access entry from Bitdefender (AV). Not sure why Bitdefender never prompted me.

Either way, creating an exclusion for that path has fixed it, and games are now saving properly.
isla

Re: Game Not Saving - Old Data

Postby isla » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm

For some reason Bitdefender tends to cause this error. We've actually reached out to them about this directly, but I'm afraid it is a known issue.