List of bugs observed

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
ausguerila

Re: List of bugs observed

Postby ausguerila » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:06 am

stylesrj wrote:There were no previous FTL games, at least those made by Subset.

Can you explain what you meant by your message because I think you misunderstand what I meant by previous games.

Another bug encountered is where laser bolts about to do damage to a ship get negated once you click never surrender on a ship's surrender message.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:29 am

As in, FTL: Faster Than Light is a standalone game. No prequels, sequels or pre-sequels.
Unless you mean "Realtime Spaceship Strategy" games and those ones have bad fire physics.

Another bug encountered is where laser bolts about to do damage to a ship get negated once you click never surrender on a ship's surrender message.

Are you talking about accepting their surrender or not accepting their surrender and resuming combat? Because if you accept their surrender or remove their crew, your weapons stop doing damage and/or miss the target so you don't accidentally kill your crew.
Doesn't work the same with the enemy though.
ausguerila

Postby ausguerila » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 am

stylesrj wrote:As in, FTL: Faster Than Light is a standalone game. No prequels, sequels or pre-sequels.
Unless you mean "Realtime Spaceship Strategy" games and those ones have bad fire physics.

You misunderstood what I meant by previous games.

Are you talking about accepting their surrender or not accepting their surrender and resuming combat? Because if you accept their surrender or remove their crew, your weapons stop doing damage and/or miss the target so you don't accidentally kill your crew.
Doesn't work the same with the enemy though.

I think you misread what I typed. It should have made sense. Laser bolts that had already been fired do not show as incoming laser bolts heading towards an enemy ship after you click the never surrender option on a ship's surrender message. They do not show up.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 am

You misunderstood what I meant by previous games.

So you're not talking about games that are like FTL nor are you talking about imaginary sequels/prequels/pre-sequels.
Then what am I not understanding?

I think you misread what I typed. It should have made sense. Laser bolts that had already been fired do not show as incoming laser bolts heading towards an enemy ship after you click the never surrender option on a ship's surrender message. They do not show up.

Are you sure about that? I've rejected many surrender offers and still fired at the enemy ship or the shots were in flight. The problem arises when you select "1" for your Death Laser or whatever and accidentally accept their surrender.
ausguerila

Postby ausguerila » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:51 am

So you're not talking about games that are like FTL nor are you talking about imaginary sequels/prequels/pre-sequels.
Then what am I not understanding?

Previous games as in a session in FTL.

Are you sure about that? I've rejected many surrender offers and still fired at the enemy ship or the shots were in flight. The problem arises when you select "1" for your Death Laser or whatever and accidentally accept their surrender.

Yea, I saw it happen. The laser bolts about to hit the enemy ship did not show up after clicking the never surrender option on a ship's surrender message. Could you please explain what you meant from your second sentence?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 am

Fires take forever to burn out all the oxygen in a room. Unless the enemy ship has upgraded their Life Support.

Yea, I saw it happen. The laser bolts about to hit the enemy ship did not show up after clicking the never surrender option on a ship's surrender message.

What version of FTL are you running? This sounds like stuff that's happened before Advanced Edition

Could you please explain what you meant from your second sentence?

When a dialogue box pops up, if you hit 1, usually it means "We accept your surrender" while 2 is "Sorry, didn't hear that. Did you say blow us up into bits?"
So if your best gun is in slot 1 and you hit 1 so you can aim it elsewhere and you're not paying attention or the surrender came unexpectedly... you might accidentally accept the offer and get a crappy reward.
ausguerila

Postby ausguerila » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:27 am

What version of FTL are you running? This sounds like stuff that's happened before Advanced Edition

I am assuming it is the latest version on Steam.

When a dialogue box pops up, if you hit 1, usually it means "We accept your surrender" while 2 is "Sorry, didn't hear that. Did you say blow us up into bits?"
So if your best gun is in slot 1 and you hit 1 so you can aim it elsewhere and you're not paying attention or the surrender came unexpectedly... you might accidentally accept the offer and get a crappy reward.

If that happened I would not have mentioned it in this thread.
ausguerila

Postby ausguerila » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:34 am

Another similar bug occurred around the enemy ship surrender dialogue. The enemy shields were down and the halberd beam did one damage to a room when the surrender dialogue came up. The ship at this point was on 1 bar of health. After rejecting their surrender, the other unit of damage did not happen.

EDIT: There has been an instance where the anti bio beam has continued to do damage to rooms once a shield regenerates.

Could anyone else please confirm whether Fires are meant to remove oxygen from a room?

Also are anti bio beams meant to damage people in a room they pass through or does the beam have to pass through the crew in the room?

The points on the sector map and sectors on the star map change. This has happened more than once now.

On stage 2 of the boss fight, enemy crew that were killed respawn.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Fires do (and are supposed to) take oxygen out of rooms if you still care, it's only sensible.

And most of this stuff doesn't sound like bugs. Beacons/sector maps shouldn't change, so that could be a bug, and if you are often reloading saves, it's a somewhat known one, but it's hard to say why it happens. There are more issues with the save system, really.

Crew killed on the flagship.. depends how they died. If you really kill them and finish off the ship, they should be dead. If they were only in a wing that fell off, depends on the difficulty. If they didn't finish their death animation.. I'm actually not sure. If you jumped away yourself, I think it depends on which stage you're on.

Damage to enemy systems could have also happened from a fire. Screenshots would be useful if you saw it happen again, can't think of much else you could miss, maybe a bomb damaging your system.

Enemy ships are impervious to your damage after you accept surrender, it's normal. However, the only time 'never surrender' comes up in the texts is the slaver event when you can give up your crew, and the text happens before any fighting can start. You should be accurate about the events if there's something you think is wrong.

Having a Continue... twice in a row is fine and not uncommon, again not sure why you think it's a 'bug'. The event simply has more to tell/give you without too much 'player interaction'.

Anti-bio beam damage crew on the tile they hit (there are 2-4 tiles in a room), shouldn't go through shields, but you're too vague, I'm not sure if you meant zoltan shields, normal shields, or what. They are capable of breaking zoltan shields quickly if you shoot them as a shield drone brings up the shield. It doesn't do any damage to rooms at all, however. That's what I mean, you have to be exact.

And agreed with stylesrj about the wikis, there are two, ftlwiki is very old, ftl.wikia is more useful, but still often not even close to reliable, let alone comprehensive. Tables and stats are mostly good there, but for this kind of information, you're likely much better off referencing a guide like this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266502670

It has a very large amount of information in it, though you may have a harder time searching.
komal123

Postby komal123 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:11 pm

At the point when an exchange put away pops, in the event that you hit 1, normally it signifies "We acknowledge your acquiescence" while 2 is "Grieved, didn't hear that. Did you say explode us into bits?"

So if your best weapon is in space 1 and you hit 1 so you can point it somewhere else and you're not focusing or the acquiescence came startlingly... you may unintentionally acknowledge the offer and get an awful prize.