This is now live on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Humble and GOG versions should be ready within a week, and the iPad version will be a bit longer as it's not quite complete and will need to go through Apple certification.
Minor update with a few new bugs fixed that were introduced in the last patch. Thank you again for everyone who has reported in problems. Barring any more problems, I hope to have this version live before the end of the week.
Version 1.5.13 - Beta Patch Part 2
- Drone lists should properly work for blue options in events
- Defense Drones will be able to target all flak weaponry
- Fixed: Charge Weapons could find themselves in a state where they were unable to fire
- Fixed: Combat Drones would not be able to fire if the drone system was hacked (even with the pulse inactive).
- Fixed: Some pre-version 1.5.12 saves would not load.
- Fixed: Charge Weapons would sometimes have problems when continuing from a saved game
- A few more text edits and event script errors fixed
Hello everyone! I've just put out an update on the beta branch (Windows and Mac only) for FTL on Steam. If you're looking to complete a couple of the bugged achievements, or if you're just feeling nice and can help test, then please switch over to that branch and let me know if you come across any problems. If you already switched over to the branch for the last patch, then you're probably only running the new version and you don't need to do anything.
As a warning: While the beta patch should be 99% functional, there's always the chance I've missed something that could cause save or profile data loss. Backup your files just in case
For new people who want to access the patch: Right click on FTL in your Steam Library and go to the Betas tab; there you can put in the password "betapatch123" (without quotes) to gain access to the beta branch. FTL should automatically update, if it doesn't then try restarting Steam or verifying the Game Cache Integrity in the Local Files tab of the Properties menu.
There are very few 'critical' fixes in this, since as far as I'm aware there aren't any very serious problems remaining. But it's a fairly extensive change list anyway. Thank you to everyone who took the time to put in bug reports. Full changelog is below.
This patch will live in the beta branch for a couple days, and if everything seems to be functioning I'll switch it over to the main release. At that point I'll also send the update to GOG, Humble, Amazon, and the App Store so everyone can get it.
Thank you again to everyone for being such a great community for FTL!
Version 1.5.12 - Beta Patch
- Fixed: Game could lockup when continuing after saving mid-jump
- Fixed crash when returning cloned crew to stations after reloading a game
- Fixed: Swapping out an upgraded Clonebay for a Medbay results in dead crew stuck as ‘cloning’
- Possible fix for Lanius Achievement ‘Low Cabin Pressure’ - It would fail if you continued an old game.
- Additional safety code to help prevent profile data loss
- Restored sound and popup for unlocking a Type B Layout for a ship
- Fixed: Mind Controlled crew via hacking would be infinite when player Saved and Quit
- Fixed: Enemy AI would sometimes not be able to mind control player boarders
- Crew Statistics will no longer count skill masteries that are re-earned due to cloning
- Possible fix for the boss destroying the base even though it didn’t get to to the base
- Crew will no longer count as ‘manning’ a system if they are mid-death animation
- Fixed bug where it would count a Hard Victory with Type B as a Hard Victory with Type A too.
- Clonebay will properly heal when Waiting as well as Jumping
- Fixed the Crystal Ship Achievement ‘Clash of the Titans’ - Will properly count Rock pirate ships
- Enemy Zoltan Shields are no longer boosted by the System Repair Bomb
- Repair Bombs should no longer over-repair and prevent manning
- Fixed bug where Flagship Game Over time would go past 0 without a Game Over
- Chain Ion weapon incorrectly displayed its final boost state
- Weapon charge bars will render outside of the target box, preventing cut-offs
- Increased opacity of the Detect Lift visual (Slug / Augment ability ) - Doubly increased for Colorblind
- Crystal Lockdown effect will properly save when quitting
- Reward boxes should now always fit in the text box
- Reverse Ion Field augment will now sometimes block Pulsar Star ion bursts
- Rebel Fleet ships will no longer have Clone Bays when Advanced Edition content is disabled
- Crew left behind when jumping will no longer clone
- Teleport System will properly disarm if enemy Super Shield drone activates shield mid-aim
- Enemy ships should no longer teleport back boarders if player Energy Shield is present
- Hacked defense drones will no longer shoot
- Boss units that are mind controlled will still be present in the following stage
- Fixed: Crystal crew boxes on the left could malfunction when being cloned
- Mannable subsystem tooltips fixed to be more accurate
- More specific tips added for some weapons
- (PC Only) Mind Controlled crew can no longer be selected with hotkeys
- Fixed: If crew were selected when mind controlled, they would remain selected and could be commanded
- Fixed Clonebay alarm getting stuck when restarting the game
- Enemy Zoltan Shields will drop after battle to allow friendly boarders to come home.
- Fixed: Mind Control sometimes permanently lowered max health of crew
- Loading pre-AE saves will use the correct difficulty
- Rock Achievement “Is it warm in here?” was incorrectly triggering
- Super Shield will correctly stop hacking / boarding drones that are mid-flight
- Beams could load incorrectly after a Save and Quit
- Slug Achievement “Disintegration Ray” will no longer trigger for player crew
- Fixed: Enemy Reactor wouldn't be affected by Ion Storm if game is re-loaded mid-fight.
- (iPad Only) Achievement texts will fit in their boxes correctly
- Many minor text / event alterations and corrections
- More minor bugs fixed that I probably forgot to record