Crystal Lockdown locks door forever

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
WealthyAardvark

Crystal Lockdown locks door forever

Postby WealthyAardvark » Sun May 11, 2014 5:41 am

So here's a weird bug. You know how when you use the Lockdown ability it shoots those crystal shards to surround the room? Twice now I've encountered a bug where one of the tiny crystals on a door doesn't go away. I can't remember the exact circumstances of the last time, but in this case I had my two Crystalmen trying to leave a room through a door as a Mantis and Engi tried to come in through the door. We swapped places and the crystal piece remains on the door. The AI crew members don't seem to know how to path to the rooms on the other side and just sit there. I tried to jolt them out of it by launching the Ion Stunner at them, but that didn't do anything. Wandering my guys into high-priority systems like Shields doesn't do anything. They just sit in the Clonebay.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/331 ... 086653899/

Launching a Lockdown in the Oxygen room doesn't fix it, but I didn't expect it to since you can have more than one Lockdown on a door/room at once. I know last time it happened on a Rebel Rigger with human enemies, so it shouldn't be ship or enemy crew specific.

Last time I tried to grab a save file, but upon loading the little crystal had vanished and everyone started pathing correctly, and I don't seem to have that old file anymore. I'm debating on trying to have trying to have my Crystalmen break the door open (path forecasting does show up) or grabbing a save file and hoping somebody can get something useful out of it (it would have to be raw data since the bug clears on launch). I know it's early on a Sunday morning, but if anybody wants to pipe in and suggest what they think would be more useful for fixing this, let me know. I'm willing to let the game sit.
Last edited by WealthyAardvark on Mon May 12, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vhati

Re: Crystal Lockdown locks door forever

Postby Vhati » Sun May 11, 2014 1:03 pm

WealthyAardvark wrote:upon loading the little crystal had vanished and everyone started pathing correctly

Related Bug: Crystal lockdown is not saved
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon May 12, 2014 9:29 am

Odd. I haven't had that reported, so it's super weird that it's happened to you *twice*. I'll look into it.

@Vhati: The crystal lockdown not being saved will be fixed in the next update.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon May 12, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks. I'll add that to my todo list.

EDIT: Posted this to the wrong place.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
WealthyAardvark

Postby WealthyAardvark » Mon May 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Alright, things get better. It turns out that my crew don't need to "break" the last piece of crystal on the door. They can just walk in and out willy-nilly, but the AI still won't go through.
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/331 ... 6564102FB/

Also, I found the screenshots and save game file copy I made of the last time this showed up. Both times on the lower-right door of the medbay/clonebay compartment.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/331 ... 4F37652B9/

Perhaps these save files will be of some use. I guess that depends on how that bug Vhati linked to works.