Rebel Flagship Drone Bug/ Fire bug

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
CopperKat

Rebel Flagship Drone Bug/ Fire bug

Postby CopperKat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

During the second confrontation with the Rebel Flagship, the rebels concentrate most of their power in drones (succeeding in summoning about around 8 drones).

Thoughtfully, I disabled their drone system but it seems two bugs has appeared.

Drone Bug: Drone system was in red, and the 4-space room was completely on fire. However, the flagship was still able to harass me with drones, even in short waves. The drones would disappear (most likely the system being down telling them they should not be there) but then they would reappear in short waves, probably around 5-10 seconds of constant fire before disappearing and then reappearing again.

Fire Bug: While the drone system was on fire, the crew members on the rebel flagship made no effort to repair their drone system. They simply sat outside the doors and nullified the fire as it spread, but again made no attempt to repair their downed drone system.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Rebel Flagship Drone Bug/ Fire bug

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Drone Bug: *** SPOILERS ****

The Super Charges of the Boss (more to be seen in Stage 3) are not tied to a specific system and cannot be shut down. Just as he will still escape to live again even if you destroy his engines/piloting, his super weapons will still function even when he is very damaged.

Fire Bug:

The AI sometimes wants to save its own skin. If there's a 4 square fire, low oxygen, and they are hurt... they'll cut their losses and wait for the fire to burn out before charging in to repair it. Just as you should as well in those situations :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
CopperKat

Re: Rebel Flagship Drone Bug/ Fire bug

Postby CopperKat » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:28 am

Thank you for replying to me so promptly. I was unaware of this and will keep this a note for future reference. That was a very apt and fast reply. I commend the FTL community.