Zoltan crew Ion Effect bug

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Kalias

Zoltan crew Ion Effect bug

Postby Kalias » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:10 pm

If you take Zoltan crew members into a system affected by an Ion Effect their Zoltan Bonus will replace and free up normal power usually locked behind the timer, after which you can immediately remove the crew.

Steps to reproduce:
Get level 1 cloaking and a Zoltan crew member.
Use your cloak, wait for it to finish and trigger the Ion Effect lockout timer.
Step into the cloaking room, then back out again.

Also works on the Teleporter, not sure how it interacts with being hit by ion weapons.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Zoltan crew Ion Effect bug

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:12 pm

This is not a bug. The Zoltans, being physical being of power, cannot be "locked in" by ionization effects. Use this to your advantage :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Kalias

Postby Kalias » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Alright, I knew you could move Zoltans around regardless of the Ion Effect, it was just the freeing up of locked green power that I thought might be unintended.

I certainly will take advantage of it in that case :)
TJJ

Postby TJJ » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Wow, hadn't thought of that!

Just think of all that juicy power I can liberate from my transporters to power my weapons & drones :D
Even less need to waste scrap on upgrading the reactor!

Tbh I think this should be considered a bug; when a Zoltan moves out of an ion-effected room the power he was providing should be replaced with ship power automatically.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER here!