Cannot press escape in game (Steam/Win7)

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Midi_Amp

Cannot press escape in game (Steam/Win7)

Postby Midi_Amp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:18 am

Dear FTL team, first congrats on such a simple and awesome game concept.

Just a quickie, cannot press esc in game. Kind of made a fool of myself on Steam forum, I believe everybody is laughing at my post asking where is the save and quit button.

Cannot press esc in the game, on the start new game, nowhere... I can still press ctrl+esc and it activates the windows start button, but no luck in game.

Here's my spec:

Acer Aspire V3
Core-i5 3210M
8GB memory
Nvidia GeForce GT630M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Microsoft security essential (antivirus and firewall)
Steam client is updated
Nvidia driver 306.23

I absolutely love the game, but any help with my problem is greatly appreciated.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Cannot press escape in game (Steam/Win7)

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 am

Strange. Are you playing in fullscreen or windowed?
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Midi_Amp

Postby Midi_Amp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 am

Hi Zasdarq, thanks for replying.

I've exhausted all options, windowed, full screen-black border, full screen stretch, with steam client on offline mode.

Is there a way to bind the keys manually?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:30 am

Are you playing with an international keyboard or have you changed your layout from the standard (to DVORAK or something?) We've have some issues with key layouts for just basic typing, but no problems with escape. Sorry about this.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Midi_Amp

Postby Midi_Amp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:39 am

Hi Zasdarq, problem solved! Turns out my keyboard layout was changed... I run a local translator software in the background that automatically captures and translates languages and I forgot to return to default settings... Somehow esc button is deactivated to prevent the program closing.

Apologized for the stupid thread :cry: