Is the "boarding objective successful" achievement bugged?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Ray Robertson

Re: Is the "boarding objective successful" achievement bugge

Postby Ray Robertson » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 am

As I've reported on the Steam Community, you need to have a single boarding drone kill 5 crewmembers and not 4 as the achievement states. This is also what the previous poster experienced.

Many players actually report bugs on that community forum, someone should probably also report them here or the developer should look there.
Quazimortal

Postby Quazimortal » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:13 am

Strange, I'm fairly certain I was able to kill 5 enemy crew as I stated in the edit to my post. I'll try again soon and see if maybe something went wrong that time and I didn't notice it.
Ray Robertson

Postby Ray Robertson » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Quazimortal wrote:Strange, I'm fairly certain I was able to kill 5 enemy crew as I stated in the edit to my post. I'll try again soon and see if maybe something went wrong that time and I didn't notice it.

Oh, for some reason I interpreted your Edit as saying that you got the achievement after killing 5 crew.

Remember that it has to be the drone that deals the killing damage to all 5 crewmembers and not anything else, fire, asphyxiation, weapons, your crew, etc.
Quazimortal

Postby Quazimortal » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Ray Robertson wrote:
Quazimortal wrote:Strange, I'm fairly certain I was able to kill 5 enemy crew as I stated in the edit to my post. I'll try again soon and see if maybe something went wrong that time and I didn't notice it.

Oh, for some reason I interpreted your Edit as saying that you got the achievement after killing 5 crew.

Remember that it has to be the drone that deals the killing damage to all 5 crewmembers and not anything else, fire, asphyxiation, weapons, your crew, etc.

Yeah, I was pretty certain it got every kill shot but I'm only human and may have missed something. When I have some free time I'm going to give it another try and see if I can't successfully get this done.
abrasion

Re: Is the "boarding objective successful" achievement bugged?

Postby abrasion » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:28 am

I have finally killed 5 enemy crew and STILL don't have the achievement.
This is just the total worse achievement in the game, it's so difficult to get, it's not even funny.
lalatadata

Postby lalatadata » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:25 am

Can confirm that after doing it twice it still didn't register/seems broken. What am I missing? It's one of the last for me so please help Obi Wan, you're our only...
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Bumping this topic since I just did it for the Steam achievement and it required my drone to kill five enemies and not four.
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Yes that's happening to me too
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
fasterthanbreach

Postby fasterthanbreach » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:35 pm

I've been trying for this achievement, it's the last one I need other than one of the secret ones. I thought for sure I had it. I found a ship in the rock homeworlds w/ 4 rockmen and no medbay, I was using the Mantis B. Teleported 4 mantis over, got the enemy crew all down really low then had the boarding drone finish them all off one after the other. No achievement :cry:
ScienceDiscoverer

Postby ScienceDiscoverer » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:33 am

This achievement is really frustrating one to do. It is, in fact, still bugged, even after 10 years? How is this possible?
Oh well, the most major bug that I can confirm is that it actually requires you to kill 5 enemies, not 4 as in the description ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I also tried to follow advices in previous posts and waited until my ship's teleporter gets off cooldown. I also waited for enemy TP to get off cooldown, just in case (no idea if it can screw the achievement).

A tip: don't try to send drone first, and then teleport. The odds of this strategy succeeding is very low, as this depends on the RNG of the drone to hit non critical room, like O2/engines, so then you boarding party can whittle down the enemy in shields/weapons room.

Here is a vid I made, maybe it will help some people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPRMJDYyQVA

Even knowing all da bugs of this achievement, so many things can go wrong. Just look at the video... This requires so much micromanagement >_<