Lost in a new ship.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Ilevus

Lost in a new ship.

Postby Ilevus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 am

I've just gotten back from a rather interesting playthrough.

Was going with the Rock Cruiser to try and unlock the second variant, when I ran out of missiles during a fight with a random Mantis ship. So I teleported my entire crew across in order to quickly take them out before my ship was destroyed by their ridiculously large number of weapons (it was only at sector 3, so it was odd to see an enemy ship so well armed).

Unfortunately the enemy managed to fire off one last breach missile which hit a systemless room and destroyed my ship, mere moments before we defeated the last of their crew.

So essentially I lost the game, with my ship destroyed, with my ENTIRE crew on the enemy's almost entirely intact ship. I guess my crew decided to commit suicide after losing such a beloved vessel, rather than continue on their VITAL mission on a new ship. :D
UltraMantis

Re: Lost in a new ship.

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy it. There's plenty of joy and misery that is often part of playing FTL. ;)

You're taking that painfull loss very well :D Games aren't allways logical, but that scenario is not too common. Unfortunately, the game engine does not support ship takovers or flying enemy ships. Playable ships and enemy ships can be modded but afaik enemy ships cannot be made playable.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
doomeater54

Re: Lost in a new ship.

Postby doomeater54 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 am

well I think that the first ship had the info on it so when the ship is destroyed they lost the info. there are a few problems with this theory but it is the best I got