One of my first stealth cruiser runs.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
please dont touch me

One of my first stealth cruiser runs.

Postby please dont touch me » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Keep in mind, this was one of my first runs with the stealth cruiser, and was one of my first 100 runs ever.

I had reached the flagship with the Stealth Cruiser for the first time. Second time ever. Shields were maxed, engines level 5, cloak maxed, I got my upgrades that I really needed to beat the flagship. Or so I thought.

The beacon was the Fed Base. Faced the flagship. Never beat it. Why? I didn't get any weapons. Only weapons I had were the default weapons and a small bomb. I used the bomb to take out the missile artillery, both killing the crew inside it and destroying the system. And that was that. I was at a stalemate with the flagship. Ran out of missiles as I had spent all of them destroying the missile weapon. My 2 shot laser and micro-beam could not do a thing. And neither could the flagship's weapons. Once again, I had maxed shields and high engines. Along with my cloak, they kept me safe from any hull damage.

And it stayed that way for 5 minutes. The flagship couldn't hurt me, and I couldn't hurt it. That was that. If I jumped away, what would that do? It was already at the Base and in 3 turns it would be destroyed. So close to victory, yet so far. It was at the tips of my fingers.

Didn't feel like lowering my shields and engines at the time. All I could do was restart, and start a new run. And that's what I did.

That was one of my saddest runs in the entirety of my time in FTL. So close, but not as close as I thought. Having to restart so close to victory was pretty devastating to a newbie like me. Other than that, I guess it was an ok run.

GENERIC END.PNG
wow! its The Guy
Discord - microwave#0388. Contact if you need pirate paint done or just general shading work.
legiantking

Re: One of my first stealth cruiser runs.

Postby legiantking » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 am

I had a run sort of like that in mantis c where i only had burst laser two so i just kept teleporting in with four mantis killing one human and then the others killing my mantis and since i had a clone bay, it went on like that a while until i killed all humans then destroyed shields but i died on phae two