[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Lux headed for the Mature once she had sent a pallet of medical supplies back to the Pelican. Eden shook her head and told her that she'd not be attending the important meeting but to keep an open comm.
"I don't think he wants anyone to listen in" Lux informed the pirate "Otherwise we'd be told over the comms."
"Then give me a summary after the meeting. Or at least the bits that are important" Eden replied "I still got some looting to do."

Lux nodded and walked past Kira and Xernia with her usual "Everything is fine" smile.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:35 am

Kira didn't notice Lux pass, she was too busy staring and Xernia and her engi... nothing else, just her engi. Soon after they went in she decided to actually do something and not just slouch outside the Mature's docking port with arms folded and counting roof tiles until she looses count and tries again. She went inside the Scarab to catch up with Gonag and King when she passed the pretty loud Trench-Bot (And yes that is what we should now call him) doing his happy dance, which consisted of rotating everything in circles.
Kira's thoughts went back to something she saw. A vision, a horrible vision. She knew it was inevitable, but it didn't hurt to try.
She walked up to Trench-Bot in a brisk way. "Activate holographic communications with Yallag 'Trenchcoat' Gogom." She said in a very stern and clear voice.
Instantly, Trench-Bot stopped in an idle stance and a hologram of Trenchcoat came out from the drone's screen. "Thiss is a pre-recorded tape," The hologram said, "to inform the caller that it may take a moment to activate the communicationss on my side. Please be patsient." The hologram then disappeared and Kira waited to speak to Trenchcoat.

I'll just be continuing this during Jake's speech.

Meanwhile on the Mature

Sediment wandered in the Mature's helm to see Jake. "What did you want to tell us?" He asked in a slightly concerned tone. From what he experienced it something is 'important' it's not because there's a bunch of hostile ships coming our way and we're all about to die, that was the norm on this fleet, not least because in four jumps:
  • His own government sent the army to capture him at a station where they captured and killed many innocents for 'questioning.'
  • The same station was sucked into a black hole due to a rebellion singularity weapon.
  • Some rockman midget named Ravita questioned, and threatened, Bren which then needed a touchdown from Eden where the ball is replaced with a rockman.
  • Pirates attacked a station hidden in nebulae which was likely a bounty for the fleet.
  • Jake, Kyrie, Sed, Sarah and the Mature almost got sent back in time.
  • The Mature was forced to get shut down, turning of O2 and almost suffocating the Mature's crew.
  • Jake was almost butchered by a malfunctioning robot.
  • And some AI went rogue and trapped everyone only to then take Jake away and be suddenly stolen by some random rebel.
If there was something so important that it needed an announcement for a meeting place to speak in person, it is indescribable.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Back with Bren he gripped his side and began to flicker a bit, panting a bit.

"Ugh...Kira...I'll be in the medbay" he said

By the time Kira goes int othe medbay (later in posts) she would find he was on the bed groaning, a canister of zoltan electrons emptied

It would seem the wounds he suffered a while back haven't quite left him. Wounds like that even with medical injections don't leave a spacer and with all this stress being a pilot it was killing him.

(so this is kinda my way to tap myself out, he will still be on the ship acting as a gunner, and I am fine with someone taking my place or at least using him to say things within the RP. I don't mind. But this is where I tap out. I'm sorry)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Bummer. Well I guess I’ll take control of Ruwen, Grom and Gorlag unless someone else wants to.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:04 am

Gorlag slithers into the Mature's meeting area, shortly followed by Ruwen and later still Grom. "Bren is suffering some pain," Gorlag said, "he can't be here.
Sediment didn't notice Ruwen, still waiting for Jake to make his announcement, otherwise he would've been kneeling to him and praising him as the 'one true savior' that the rockmen direly needed.

The hologram projector in Trench-bot reactivated again, this time with Trenchcoat speaking. "What'ss the matter?" The slug uttered.
"This is Kira Trek calling from the Scarab." She responded
"Huh? Oh nicse to meet you, now what do you want I'm kind of bussy right now." Kira must've interrupted him in the middle of something important.
"It's about your drone."
'What about it?"
"I want you to deactivate all control from it, along with any special capabilities inside it, including the AI." Trench was shocked at what Kira wanted him to do.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 am

[105 GB RECOVERED]
[REPLAYING MEMORIES]
The memories came through like a dam bursting. The engi was overwhelmed at first, but the wave of memories lessened and in his head, a video from his "past" formed.

"So? This is our ship?'

The words of Ferra were clear and prominent. The engi found himself in a futuristic hangar in a group of Xernia, Ferra, a half-human half-crystal(wo)man and a human. In front of them was the mighty Mutare, looking brand-spanking new.

"I guess it is," came the reply from the human.

"Is it true that this ship has the temporal drive?" was the next question, coming from the unknown engi.

"Well, its the only thing that can save the federation now, my engi, my engi," was the reply from Ferra.

"Huh. Speaking of which, why do you call me 'my engi, my engi'?"

"Well, my engi, my engi, it's what an old human said from when I came from. Apparently, she got the saying from an old human text. Quite coincidentally, both captains, from the text and in reality, met a quite terrible end."

"Oh. Is that so? Well, that's good to..."

The voices got weaker and weaker and the memory got fuzzier and fuzzier. Soon, the tidal wave of memories had now been reduced to a trickle, only leaving the engi wanting.

On an off-topicish note, wasn't Jake's ship named the Mutare after change in page 29? Then why do people call his ship the Mature instead?
Don't worry. I've only gone half insane because of this.
No, really!
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:25 pm

There is a phenomenon that humans will automatically read a jumbled word if the first and last letters are the same. For example:
Seeing the word ‘firut’ probably makes the brain think ‘fruit,’ same with Mutare and Mature
Jake will need to confirm which is which.
Also what was that post? Based on wording it was a dream sequence, but a very wrong one.
Also also, are you purposely switching the names Kira and Ferra? Ferra was the name Kira used when her memory was wipe. Kira is her actual name.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:41 pm

To answer your first question, it was a flashback to the odd engi's past.

And the second one, Ferra might be the name used in the period of time this occurred in.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:14 am

I went back to the post where Jake named the ‘Mutare’ and he spelt it Mutare 4 times, so it wasn’t a typo. On an off-ish topic note, the word ‘Mutare’ was said in the post to be the latin word for change, but according to google translate the main latin word for change is ‘mutatio.’ So, there is that.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:41 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:I went back to the post where Jake named the ‘Mutare’ and he spelt it Mutare 4 times, so it wasn’t a typo. On an off-ish topic note, the word ‘Mutare’ was said in the post to be the latin word for change, but according to google translate the main latin word for change is ‘mutatio.’ So, there is that.

Weird, I did it through Google Translate in the 1st place.

I know this thread has died, and I didn't do much to stop it. It seemed like people were losing interest anyways, (Bren) and I am swamped with work. I'm making my own videogame and am now running a small gamedev team consisting of friends from my school. Management keeps you busy! That being said, perhaps we could revive this, with new people taking over old characters or old characters returning.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321