[FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN!] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:04 am

elijahdb wrote:Works for me. Do I have to make a small story on how I was attacked?

You can if you want to! :mrgreen:
You don't HAVE to, though!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:21 am

Now that that's settled- I guess we can continue. (Assuming there are no objections)
While Badgers and Creeybo conversed with the Rebel scum, Error scampered away into the shadowy comfort of the Rock engine room.
When I was assigned to this mission from the Engi High Command (or what's left of it) I felt I had to do my duty to my people. I have calculated a decision- I will assist my mission, but I will have nothing to do with the evil rebels

Error curled up under a coolant pipe and waited for orders from his superiors in the fleet.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 pm

As Resssa continued work on the ship, he still sensed the two rebels. Ruwen musst have let them sstay. He hassn't experienced what they've done firsst hand. Just then he sensed someone new come onto the ship. It was an engi, but something was off about it. Slugs could only partially sense the thoughts and consciousness of engis since they were only partially biological. Still, this engi didn't seem all "there." Resssa put down the tools he was using and went to find the engi. It musst have teleported from the sstealth ship. He remembered an engi being on that ship. He slimed his way down to where it appeared to be, the engine room.

The place was a mess, worse than the rest of the ship. It appeared to have take several direct hits by some sort of energy weapon, maybe a beam, but much more powerful. The engines appeared to be inoperable, the terminal was nowhere to be seen, and there appeared to have been a fire. Resssa called out verbally: "Engi, I know you are here. I asssume you have the ssame orderss I do. There iss no need to hide." He waited for a response.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Just to clarify, my character inhabits the Rock ship

Error was doing some repairs on the FTL reactor when the doors to the engine room slid open, the light from the hallway blinding him. Error scampered behind the reactor, curling up underneath it. However, the slug reported that there was no need to hide- and that they had the same mission and intent. This made him relax, just a little.

Error morphed himself into his lizard-like form, and crawled up onto the wall, and then the ceiling. He sprinted across the cold metal of the ceiling, approaching the slug. A red light swept across the slug as Error preformed a basic scan, the sensor data appearing in his vision.

Once he was satisfied with the slugs intent, he deactivated the suction modules on the bottom of his tiny feet- and dropped to the floor. Though the floor was only about nine feet, it felt like falling off a mountain for a creature so small! He hit the ground and flipped upright. Then, he morphed back into his humanoid form.

"Greetings. I was assigned to this mission from the Engi government, to analyze the Unidentified Hostile threat. State your designation [name] and intent."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:10 am

When Ressa had finished speaking, a strange creature scampered out from behind the main engine and up to the ceiling. It shined a red light on him and then dropped to the floor, forming into an engi. I've never known an engi to be able to change form. "My name iss Ressa. I ssenssed you here, and I had not yet met you. What is your name?"
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:13 am

"Error. Data file containing the "Designation" variable is corrupted. "Designation" is "Error"
Others call me "Error" because of this corruption." Error said, attempting to explain himself.

With organic lifeforms it is considered polite to engage in small talk during first contact. I shall attempt to create small talk to engage this lifeform, designation 'Ressa'" Error thought.

"I have numerous queries for you to answer, if you are capable. The queries are as follows, in order of importance. What organization do you hail from? What ship have you been assigned to? When will our mission begin? Is your ship (whichever one that is) prepared to engage the Unidentified Hostiles, and is it prepared to FTL jump when we begin the mission?"

Those were the most important questions, and the only ones that Error was genuinely interested in. However, to continue "small talk" he thought he should proceed with more questions, even if they seemed arbitrary and unimportant.

What sector do you belong to? What is your crew position? Do you find your position enjoyable? Do you have any relatives associated with you? Do you enjoy your homeworld? Do you secrete blue slug-slime or yellow slug slime?..."
Ressa abruptly cut him off.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 pm

"Uh yess I think that'ss quite enough to become aquatinted, Error." Resssa wondered how much the engi had interacted with other species before. "To ansswer your quesstionss, I don't know when the misssion will start or if any of thesse shipss are FTL capable at the moment. I was ssent by the Military Branch of the Interplanetary Council of Sslugss, of which I hail from and of which I was an interrogator for. I don't know which ship I am ssuppossed to be on. They ssaid I would receive further orderss here on matterss like that, but sso far I've been on thiss ship. I don't think the rest of thosse quesstionss are relevant right now."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Ruwen brought the Rebels to one of the larger cargo holds. "Now listen here you varmints" he said "I may not have had all the details of the Federation/Rebellion War but what I do know is that there will be some issues of trust."
He smashed his crystalline fists together - a common intimidation tactic that seemed to translate across species. "So if you start causing a lick of trouble or start talkin' nonsense about Human superiority, you will find your stay here very unpleasant."
He then demonstrated why - in seconds, a crystalline barrier formed over all the doors leading into the room. "If you thought that Mantis was dangerous with its claws and spit... just imagine yourself as one of those doors. Now then... we have an understandin?"
He could see that the Rebel crew no longer appeared to be amused by his accent and looked horrified at the crystals he summoned.

The Crystal raised a hand and the barrier melted away as if it never existed "Now, get to work with repairs you lazy varmints and you better shape up and start calling me Boss... or Sir when addressing me"
"Yes Bo...Sir...Boss?"

He went to check on the medical facilities when he spotted a slimy slug trail leading into the engine room, and there was the sounds of the robotic Engi. "Yeehaw, sounds like Ressa rounded up us an Engi"
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:55 pm

A crystal life form entered after the Slug, evidently following its slimy trail.
"Greetings. What is your designation and where do you hail from? Also, I have noticed a pattern with organic life forms. After I request their designation, they always request mine. To maximize efficiency, my designation is as follows: Error." He paused for a moment, calculating what he would say next. He understood the human expression for this was "awkward silence." (The awkward silence only lasted 0.3 microseconds, but that can seem like an eternity for an Engi.)
"What ship do you belong to/command? Do you know when we are to engage our mission? If you do not know when we will engage, I suggest we proceed to the nearest signal array. Our fleet may have received orders. We should also establish a commlink with everyone, to coordinate launch."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:57 am

Ruwen could see that the Engi probably had not seen a Crystal at any time during its life, or even heard the rumours. His involvement was only at the final stages of the Federation/Rebellion war after all; no doubt that the Zoltan Research Station that revived him probably didn't get much time to publish their findings before the Rebellion caught up to them.
"Howdy pardner! Ruwen Shattersphere at your service; I used to be a Courier for the various Crystal Empires" he explained "As you can see, this ship has been in a mighty fine scuffle and has taken a good lickin'!"
He smacked a fist against one of the engine units "But my descendants built their ships to take this sort of thing, unlike my other ship; I had only just settled my debts with the Bravais when it got blown to kingdom come."

Looking at Tessa, he said "I have those Humans working on getting this ship back into working order; if they fall out of line, let me know where they are. I don't like havin' to show off my powers in such a nasty fashion but most beings don't react very well to their blood turning to crystal."

Back to Error "Pardner, I haven't got the darnedest idea on what to be doing next except to get this ship working. The nearest signal array sounds like a suitable plan."

I should cut back on the Wild West slang and have it assumed he's speaking like that but I like sprinkling it in there.