Clone Bay Hijinks in Captain's Edition

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Omega King

Clone Bay Hijinks in Captain's Edition

Postby Omega King » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:48 am

Hey FTL forum, I'm back from an extremely long break! Hello again to the three of you who know me! Anyway, I have a weird story from my last CE adventure.

I was just playing a quick Captain's Edition run in the Shrike (Lanius B), when something very odd happened. I had just been in a battle where I accidentally left my guns on auto-fire, and destroyed the enemy ship while my Lanius boarders were still in it. Not to worry though: my clone bay was up and running. Since I was a bit distracted, I accidentally jumped to the next beacon without giving my crew members time to finish cloning. Little did I know that it was hardly a bad decision.

Since the game pauses while dialogs are up, my Lanius were still being re-cloned while I reached the next event: a mining team that wanted to take my Lanius in exchange for some resources and an augment. I clicked "yes" just to see what would happen, assuming it would just remove one from the clone bay. As a matter of fact, it did not! The game didn't register the two "dead" Lanius as available to take, so it left them alone. Unfortunately, the code defaulted to my only remaining crew member, and took away my AI pilot.

Anyway, this was just a weird glitch, probably very situational, that allowed me to keep both of my golden-glove Lanius boarders even though the game wanted a sacrifice. If anyone has experienced something similar in-game, feel free to add on to this topic.