I just got really angry, and i need to make a decision.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

I just got really angry, and i need to make a decision.

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:33 am

So. It was a lucky run with the Zoltan B. I had 2 Ion blasts and 1 Ion blast II, and for damaging the flagship after its shields were ripped to shreds was a pike beam. I encountered the flagship and began to rip into its shields, and very quickly I realized I could beat the flagship. Easily. I was so exited! I had 2 Defense I's to destroy the missile volleys and..
And the hacking drone hit my weapons. Quickly realizing the cloak-hack sync was going to be my doom, I jumped away and came back. The same Sync happened.
So, because of an unfair (I had everything I needed to defend plenty od hacking drones- Two defense I's, so it wasn't of my own ignorance) advantage completely RNG based the flagship should not have- especially on EASY MODE- I lost my chance to get the Mantis Cruiser.
Should I get a save file editor to get the mantis A? At this point, is it cheating? Is it safe?
Help me. Please.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Re: I just got really angry, and i need to make a decision.

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:11 am

How about you try to unlock it using the Mantis questline?
It's probably easier.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:26 am

stylesrj wrote:How about you try to unlock it using the Mantis questline?
It's probably easier.

I have.
Whenever I get the boarding team and setup I need, the homeworld is gone. The rest of the time, I trash the run because of drones. I'll keep trying, but I would have the ship fair and square right now if kit weren't for the Death Sync (TM).
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:24 am

So I calmed down. I have the save file editor, and it does work, but I won't hack until my sanity and/or my computer are at risk.
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:10 am

Try and unlock other ships and use the Lanius B if you can't do a boarding operation with your current arsenal.
There's no need to go hacking your game and ruining the fun of getting it the legit way.