Dumb ways to die!

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Arkian

Re: Dumb ways to die!

Postby Arkian » Fri May 13, 2016 2:20 pm

So this happened to a friend I was watching. We managed to download Steam through the blocks our school puts on the computers, so we play FTL sometimes.

One day, I was watching him play, and he was fighting the final boss. He beat the first phase pretty easily. Then, the teacher got up to walk around. He had started to repair some stuff, so when he put the assignment page over the FTL screen, he left it unpaused.

He forgot that he had rerouted his Oxygen system power to his engines. :shock:

8 amazing, fully trained crew members, lost. He realized his mistake a few moments after and still managed to save an Engi and to other people.

He lost after that.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Doesn't FTL pause if you switch to another program or did you modify the game so it would still run in the background?
Because that sounds like a serious problem if your game doesn't pause when you hit the "Boss Key" and you should look into re-enabling that function.

Or was it a case of your friend literally putting the pages of the assignment over the physical screen?
Tetragon213

Postby Tetragon213 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Crystal Vengeance on the Crystal B screwed me over when I was in an asteroid field. The shard blew up the enemy ship with all my crew :shock:
teaisgood

Postby teaisgood » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 am

this is the dumbest way to save the humanity. why dont just make a nuclear boom and delete it all. i mean we all have to die, then just break it all. anyway the possible luck would be somehow a meteor falling from the sky and strike the gaint spider and the pilot somehow come out alive in the situation. sound rediculous but the only way to save it all! by the way have you guys tried out the game dumb way to die battle bay in apknite. it got the most stupid way to die, very frustrating game!
starplaysgames10

Postby starplaysgames10 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 am

So I played ftl with ce using the nesasio (I think). in that run, one of my room was hit, it was a 2x2 room. that shot caused a hull breach. I sent four crew members to fix the breach. BUT APPARENTLY RNGESUS HATES THAT RUN AND LET A SINGLE LIGHT LASER HIT THE ROOM THEY WERE FIXING, AND KILLED ALL CREW MEMBERS THERE. After that i raged quit.
AlberthaBuss

Postby AlberthaBuss » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:45 am

Dumbest loss of life desired to be Federation Cruiser, Sector 6, doing undoubtedly as a substitute just correct, besides a rebel fighter started out a hearth that purchased a bit bit bit out of control, i recommendation, meh, legal steroids rad 140 for sale over the counter phentermine ibutamoren no concerns i've bought plenty of wellness left, a different volley or beam and the rebel is lifeless... So i come to a decision to situation my crew into two cubicles far flung from the now only a few which can also be on fireplace, and vent.
Last edited by AlberthaBuss on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danger_Rose

Postby Danger_Rose » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Happened to me last night. My ship was boarded and I lured the boarders into the Med Bay, where my three crew members were going to pummel them silly. Except I forgot that I had transfered the power from the Med Bay to the Engines. Cue TPK.
laniusplushie

Postby laniusplushie » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:29 am

Danger_Rose wrote:Happened to me last night. My ship was boarded and I lured the boarders into the Med Bay, where my three crew members were going to pummel them silly. Except I forgot that I had transfered the power from the Med Bay to the Engines. Cue TPK.

Ouch. One of my worst ones was not realizing that level 1 transporters weren't enough for auto drones. That is one of the 3 most humiliating crew deaths I've had (all definitely my fault)
freehandriges

Postby freehandriges » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 am

OC2142 wrote:What's the most humiliating death you've ever suffered while playing FTL?
Here are some I've experienced:
●Giant Alien Spiders on Engi B (First jump and...!)
●Killed by Zoltans (On a MANTIS cruiser!)
●Random event dealing 15 hull damage (Oops!)
●Forgetting to turn off Auto-Fire and killing all 4 of your crew after teleporting them over.
What about you? Any stories you've buried out of shame?

dumbest.
sweetrollsplum

Postby sweetrollsplum » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:00 pm

Giant Alien Spiders :D