I hate this game -.-

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
gameassassin1020

I hate this game -.-

Postby gameassassin1020 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 am

Guess what I find the Zoltan Homeworld but guess what NO FUEL. So I sit the there 1 turn without a distress signal.
Nothing.
Sit there a second one with the distress signal.
A merchant!! Wait my bad I have to money -.-
Big bad merchant doesn't like that so he attacks me!
Wouldn't have been and issue if I had some missles and lasers.
But I have a Heavy ion :cry:
He jumps away and I repair and wait another turn.
Oh wait a Mantis ship what luck :evil:
He bashes me some then jumps away. Now while I abandon all hope and start putting out fires. My whole crew dies except one my captain. Who dies heroically trying to patch up 02.

Rest in peace Cpt Fyre.
Xavierson

Re: I hate this game -.-

Postby Xavierson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:47 am

I am pretty sure this is not the section for this? I would like it noted that you are supposed to die again and again. That is half the fun of the game. I love restarting the voyage of the Kestrel! :D Hope you have better luck in future tries.
gameassassin1020

Postby gameassassin1020 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:19 am

Xavierson wrote:I am pretty sure this is not the section for this? I would like it noted that you are supposed to die again and again. That is half the fun of the game. I love restarting the voyage of the Kestrel! :D Hope you have better luck in future tries.

Um lol this wasnt a "I hate this game it sucks post" It was me telling how I lost in this awesome game. The "I hate this game -.-" was sarcasm.
TheSlime

Postby TheSlime » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:23 am

gameassassin1020 wrote:Guess what I find the Zoltan Homeworld but guess what NO FUEL. So I sit the there 1 turn without a distress signal.
Nothing.
Sit there a second one with the distress signal.
A merchant!! Wait my bad I have to money -.-
Big bad merchant doesn't like that so he attacks me!
Wouldn't have been and issue if I had some missles and lasers.
But I have a Heavy ion :cry:
He jumps away and I repair and wait another turn.
Oh wait a Mantis ship what luck :evil:
He bashes me some then jumps away. Now while I abandon all hope and start putting out fires. My whole crew dies except one my captain. Who dies heroically trying to patch up 02.

Rest in peace Cpt Fyre.

See, there are times like this, [SPOILERS], and then there are times where you take out 2 of the final bosses' layers (there are 3) with the Kestrel.
TheAzryte

Postby TheAzryte » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Pfff, final boss on one health, my kestrel has a 55% percent evade, one missile hit and kills me, it was great for my third playthrough.
Personal fleet: Kestrel A & B, Engi A&B, Stealth A, Mantis A&B, Federation A&B, Slug A, Rock A, Zoltan A&B and Unidentified A.

GDM