First flagship kill

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
overtoast

First flagship kill

Postby overtoast » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 pm

I killed my first flagship with the Kestrel type B, the Red-Tail, on easy. My loadout was a hull smasher laser mark II and a breach bomb, and perhaps another couple of weapons. I was panicking, and I remember there were a couple of breaches, but in the state I was, they seemed like they were covering the entire ship. I was dreading losing a relatively successful playthrough, with all but the final stage of the flagship destroyed. Then, after I fired what I thought to be my last hull smasher burst at an empty room, I looked at the flagship's health. Then it blew up.
(side note: my second flagship kill I got extremely lucky, and I got a vulcan and a glaive beam on ship at the same time.The flagship was nothing but a fart on my divine wind.)
What was your first flagship kill like?
5thHorseman

Re: First flagship kill

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:22 am

My first ever was a super lucky OP ship. I think I had 4 burst lasers (1s and 2s) and a cloak. I just pummeled him until he was dead. That was over a year ago, and I had no idea what I was doing.

My first win in Hard Mode was last month in beta testing. I also had no idea what I was doing. I could describe it but this picture is worth a thousand words:

Open this if it's cropped
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
New Guy

Postby New Guy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm

I've yet to kill the Flagship on Vanilla AE, but on FTL:CE with Endless Loot installed, I managed to find an Assault-prefix Missile Flak. A rain of 8 shield-piercing missiles every 8 seconds meant that the game was already won for me; I just had to survive in the meantime.

The Flagship was further obliterated by an Artillery Beam on my Fed A, which also had a cloak installed to fend against the drone surge. It was glorious.
======================
[WIP] Federation Strike Cruiser | Progress: 100% Art, 0% Coding
(Project pending until Superluminal2)
KrYpton

Postby KrYpton » Fri May 02, 2014 3:45 pm

5th horseman that beam drone really saved your anus in that hard fight
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm

KrYpton wrote:5th horseman that beam drone really saved your anus in that hard fight

Yup, though my beam was ready so the flagship was eventually doomed anyway. But still, I was seconds from death right there.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."