[FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!

Moderator: isla

Eyesight Technology

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Eyesight Technology » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:12 am

"I guess we salvage the wreckage?" Jake asked.

"Spatial ripples... they can linger... movement in an affected area can trigger a spatial ripple, and they are extremely dangerous - as you can see," Sarah said.

"Yeah, but our mission is to gather intel on Black Hole tech! Alright, anyone who wants to come on an away mission meet in the Matures shuttle. Lux? Bren? Kyrie? Care to explore a derelict ship where one small move could cause a deadly ripple in the fabric of space-time?"
Eyesight Technology
http://eyesighttechnology.weebly.com
Check out Eyesight's latest mod, the Bluejay: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30270
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:"I guess we salvage the wreckage?" Jake asked.

"Spatial ripples... they can linger... movement in an affected area can trigger a spatial ripple, and they are extremely dangerous - as you can see," Sarah said.

"Yeah, but our mission is to gather intel on Black Hole tech! Alright, anyone who wants to come on an away mission meet in the Matures shuttle. Lux? Bren? Kyrie? Care to explore a derelict ship where one small move could cause a deadly ripple in the fabric of space-time?"

"Yeah I'm still recovering and Ruwen is pretty banged up, and I need Gorlag to do anything we are too weak to do, so no one here" he said, "We will make sure no ghost ship comes over and messes with you" he said chuckling a bit
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:47 am

"I don't think we could gather much from that ship if we're using the shuttle" Lux said, checking her weaponry "But why don't we go on an adventure into certain doom?"
She teleported over to the Mutare and the shuttle "I'm not afraid of any ghosts either."
But I am afraid of being spaghettified, she thought to herself.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 am

stylesrj wrote:"I don't think we could gather much from that ship if we're using the shuttle" Lux said, checking her weaponry "But why don't we go on an adventure into certain doom?"
She teleported over to the Mutare and the shuttle "I'm not afraid of any ghosts either."
But I am afraid of being spaghettified, she thought to herself.

"I'm just kiddin, sides why would ghosts care about us" he said

Cuts to the ghosts of the dead rebels floating in space

"OH GOD I'M IN A TWISTED VORTEX OF PAIN AND MISERY THERE IS NO GOD THERE IS NO AFTER-"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:06 am

"Hell yes!" These were the missions Kyrie lived for. And probably will die on eventually, but that's a good way to go. She practically ran to the shuttle, eager for a new challenge. Now that she thought about it, these kinds of situations were the most memorable out of her short run with the federation, and before that. As far back as five years old she had escaped from the field trip to the Venus science station and hid in an air duct. Later on, she had moved to more dangerous things like climbing up on top of flag poles, then, in the first years of the academy, having a friend shoot an apple of the top of her head. Of course, there were the more illegal things like breaking into an admiral's office and taking his pen just to prove it. Or the time her and a friend had stolen a personal spacecraft and flown around Jupiter. They had to pay a hefty fine and were forbidden from being friends anymore. It had taken some convincing to keep Kyrie in the academy after that. Other than that, there were a couple times she was caught, but that never seemed to deter her. The last 'big one' was stealing the Robin, so she had been hungry for some risky adventure ever since.

"So there's probably no gravity on the ship right? At least not without power." She looked at a scan of the derelict ship on the wall. "And it looks like no oxygen too." Hearing the others mention ghosts, Kyrie gave her thoughts: "Are you saying you think they exist, Lux?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:29 am

Lux nodded and said to Kyrie "Have you seen how well they can make holograms? Why else do you think whenever someone projects a hologram of something, it has to look distorted? People thought they were looking at ghosts due to how unreal a solid holographic image was..."
She was smiling wide now "You remember that incident with the simulator where I was trying to scare Jake out of his seat?"
She looked to the young man who was either unamused or remembering all too well. "It was one of my earlier attempts to get some flight time outside of class... considering how engrossed he was in the simulator though, I'm sure he didn't notice..."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm

While Bren kept an eye out for anything that could be a threat Ruwen came into the cockpit, "So Ruwen heard you fought for my health...Gorlag told me everything so be honest...how much you hurting?" he asked, the com links off so no one could hear their conversation

"I'm in immense pain" he said, "And my body will go into a painful regeneration that will take years off my life" he said

"So why did you do it?" he asked

'Because you are my captain, and I know you would do the same for me if the situations were reversed" Ruwen said, Bren turned his head to him and smiled

"Yeah, I suppose I would" he said nodding his head

"So, I was wondering, how close are we to your home?" he asked bringing up the galaxy map, "any sector or location look familar?" he asked and Ruwen looked over the 3D model, "That one" he said pointing to a large asteroid field, Bren paused and looked it over, "Thats the Rock Home Sector, pretty close to us as well" he said

"So the Rocks made it their home, I suyppose it makes sense, they worshiped us during our time, so they would stay near the gate" He said

"Gate?" he asked

"Our home, is deep in the center of the universe, way too far to reach by your means of travel so we created gates to warp ships directly to our capital sector, if it hasn't been destroyed then the gates would be active" he said

"I'll send word to Jake if you want to try and head home, maybe we could get help from your people" he said

"Our people do believe in the well being of the universe, thats why we went to war with the metal eaters, we knew the threat they were to other species not just our own, if Jake says his case to the leaders I'm sure they would listen and have their support" he said (or so he thinks, many things have changed throughout the years)

Bren went on the coms, "Jake, Sarah, Eden ya there? I did some map reading with Ruwen, the next sector is one of the rock Capitol Sectors and according to Ruwen there is some sort of gate that could take us to his peoples home Sector, maybe we could take detour to there, maybe see if we can't get any support from his people"
Eyesight Technology

Postby Eyesight Technology » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 pm

The shuttle pulled away from the Mature, and within a minute or two they had docked and sealed to the station. When the doors slid open, it was like staring to a black abyss. The light from the shuttle poured into the Rebel hallway, fading into blackness.

Jake was the first to get up, and step out into the shadows. He activated his headlamp, but the darkness was pressing. In fact, even though the light from the headlamp was plenty bright, it was smothered in the blackness. Almost as if the shadows were crushing into the light.

Jake activated his comm link, which was monitored by Eden, Sarah, and Bren. "I think... I think the light here is somehow distorted,"

"The light?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah. It's bright... but it doesn't project very far," Jake said.

"Some spatial anomalies have been known to have lingering effects on light waves in the area after a significant spatial event," Sarah reported. "But the light being smothered? That's a new one,"
Eyesight Technology
Check out Eyesight's latest mod, the Bluejay: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30270
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:The shuttle pulled away from the Mature, and within a minute or two they had docked and sealed to the station. When the doors slid open, it was like staring to a black abyss. The light from the shuttle poured into the Rebel hallway, fading into blackness.

Jake was the first to get up, and step out into the shadows. He activated his headlamp, but the darkness was pressing. In fact, even though the light from the headlamp was plenty bright, it was smothered in the blackness. Almost as if the shadows were crushing into the light.

Jake activated his comm link, which was monitored by Eden, Sarah, and Bren. "I think... I think the light here is somehow distorted,"

"The light?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah. It's bright... but it doesn't project very far," Jake said.

"Some spatial anomalies have been known to have lingering effects on light waves in the area after a significant spatial event," Sarah reported. "But the light being smothered? That's a new one,"

"Now thats very weird, I don't know science very well but I'm pretty sure thats really not normal" Bren said

"No it isn't, technology like this is warping the scientific principles" Ruwen said frowning a bit, "Why would the rebellion create terrible weapons like this?" he asked

"War does crazy things for all species" Bren said sighing, "But human history is full of war, even more then the average species, the only species who is more war like is the mantis, and they make the Humans look like Zoltans" he said nodding his head

"I see, so why allow the Humans into space?" he asked

"Because humans have the trait of courage, determination, and the attitude to volunteer first to go into the great unknown, they were the ones to start the Federation and reach out to other races first and convince them that it could work. Humans may have a talent for war but they have a talent for peace as well, something many species can respect and fear" he said

"Fascinating" Ruwen said

"Indeed"
Eyesight Technology

Postby Eyesight Technology » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:33 pm

"Yeah, Bren. That's why me, a human, is walking through this unnaturally pitch black hallway. I'm diving into the darkness, into the unknown. I guess that's the human spiri-"

Suddenly, Jakes proximity sensor went off, signifying that something was directly in front of him. Directly. As in, three inches away from the glass of his helmet. Yet, he saw nothing. Just his little bubble of light, and the ocean of blackness beyond. The proximity sensor quickly ceased to beep.

"Uh, guys - my proximity alert just went off saying there was something right in front of me. But nothings here. It went away in a few seconds, could just be a malfunction." Jake said into the radio. It was more of a reassurance to himself than a report to the others.

The only sound was his breath muffled in the helmet, and the various beeps from his suit. Eerie, to say the least.
Eyesight Technology

Return to “Stories & Storytelling”