Help needed.

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
5thHorseman

Re: Help needed.

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed May 28, 2014 8:51 am

Rashidashidashibu wrote:Just reached the last phase of the boss battle and lost. :( it's the closest i got ever since i started playing. the boss started firing these lasers that came out of it's body. Weird. What system do i destroy to stop this? I only had 1 chain ion and 3 basic lasers. The crew teleporter and cloaking helped me a lot! Should've gotten that zoltan shield bypass though. Could've won with it.

The system you destroy to stop that is called the entire ship :) Good job getting that far with just those weapons, but you may need a bit more oomph to beat the final boss. A few more weapons would have been handy, I bet. Zoltan bypass is nice but with an ion (Even the crappy IMO chain ion) that shield goes down pretty quick.

One tip: If you cloak at L3 right when the flagship fires its missiles the first time and don't fire your weapons (they drain cloak), it'll usually last through the first superlaser burst. Then dial your cloak down to L1 and you should be able to cloak every time the superlaser fires. You'll have to eat the missiles though, but hopefully by then you're taking them out.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Rashidashidashibu

Postby Rashidashidashibu » Fri May 30, 2014 8:33 am

I WON! Yaaay! 1 of 70 runs! Hhahahah pretty bad stats but i'll take it! I even got to unlock two ships at the same run! The federation cruiser and the stealth cruiser! Wooohooo! All those tips helped out alot! I'm gonna try and beat the game the second time!
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri May 30, 2014 10:48 am

Well done! I guess you won't be able to stop until you've won with every ship now :-D
Rashidashidashibu

Postby Rashidashidashibu » Fri May 30, 2014 10:58 am

I will never stop. Hahaha this game is amazing. I don't get why some people hate this game. They say it's unbeatable. And i won again!!! But with the stealth cruiser this time. My combo was amazing, 2 attack drones, a flak cannon, halberd beam, dual lasers. Flak cannon's really great IMO. Imma try and win with the federation cruiser. :D
Bloody_Lemon

Postby Bloody_Lemon » Fri May 30, 2014 11:15 am

Concerning the differences in IPad & PC version:
On IPad it's possible to autofire a specific weapon and target other weapons manually. I've only discovered this on the IPad (after playing countless games on the PC) and still haven't found out how to do that on the PC (not that I've exhausted all possible ideas). Anyone knows the magical PC shortcut/keycombo?
itg

Postby itg » Fri May 30, 2014 12:08 pm

ctrl+click the weapon to do the opposite of the current autofire setting.