what is the easiest ship to unlock

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
dsl158

what is the easiest ship to unlock

Postby dsl158 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:01 pm

i can bearly make it to sector 4 any ships that are easy to unlock?
adrix89

Re: what is the easiest ship to unlock

Postby adrix89 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm

The easiest really is the Engi from sector 5.

While you could get some ships earlier then that it is not guaranteed and might take some effort.

The Zoltan is also easy if you get the event and you know what how to speak.

If you are playing on easy and don't mind some save scrumming the boss is also doable(provided you have some doable equipment).
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 pm

If you make it to Sector 5, you'll unlock the Engi Ship, which relies on drones and ion weapons. Other than that, I'd say the Zoltan Ship, which is great because of its Zoltan Shield augment, which allows five extra layers of shield, but they don't recharge. You have to be in the Zoltan Homeworlds sector and you'll get a mission for diplomacy. When you come to the quest, selection option 1 and then option 2 and you have the ship. If you're equipped enough and have an Engi crew, the Stealth Cruiser is simple to get as well.

Hope this helps! :)
Guswut

Postby Guswut » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 pm

dsl158 wrote:i can bearly make it to sector 4 any ships that are easy to unlock?

You may want to try and aim for the type B version of the starting ship, as the additional crew member and laser is fairly useful I've found.
dsl158

Postby dsl158 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Guswut wrote:
dsl158 wrote:i can bearly make it to sector 4 any ships that are easy to unlock?

You may want to try and aim for the type B version of the starting ship, as the additional crew member and laser is fairly useful I've found.

i cant select type b
icepick

Postby icepick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 pm

You have to get two of three of the achievements for the type A first.
dsl158

Postby dsl158 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:56 pm

icepick wrote:You have to get two of three of the achievements for the type A first.

how?
dsl158

Re: Turbin

Postby dsl158 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:10 pm

FooxBuse wrote:In it something is. Thanks for an explanation, the easier, the better …

ok repeat that again with propper grammar
Guswut

Postby Guswut » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 pm

dsl158 wrote:
icepick wrote:You have to get two of three of the achievements for the type A first.

how?

Run around and buy a cloaking device, teleporter, and drone system with the type A. Then start a new game, and go find a weak enemy that you can fight to get you down to one hull remaining. Look next to a store, so you can go there to repair quickly. Then start a new game with the type B, and enjoy the really quick weapon system levels, as well as four lasers. Good luck!
DarkenDragon

Postby DarkenDragon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:43 pm

the easiest is the engi cruiser since you just gotta reach sector 5

the next easiest would be zoltan cruiser since you just have to find the starting event, go to the quest points and answer the correct answers (answers can be found in the guides that are all over the place)

the next easiest is the rock cruiser which you just gotta find them again, follow them to the quest marker, survive for a bit while being bombarded by their weapons and the sun, then find them again at the next quest marker

the rest will require certain systems to be upgraded or have a certain type of crew member in order to do.

stealth ship requires a engi crew member,

the slug ship requires a slug or level 2 sensors (maybe level 3)

the mantis ship requires a mantis and lvl2 med bay

and the crystal ship requires you to find 3 events in the correct order, gotta find the statis pod, then find the zoltan science group, then find the beacon, all of which are not quest markers, only the last one will produce a quest marker (or so i've heard) to find the ship.