What's your favourite Weapon/System/Sub-System?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
cuthawolf

What's your favourite Weapon/System/Sub-System?

Postby cuthawolf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Mine has to be the Defense Drone Mark 2, that thing is just amazing. With strong shields to back it up, it just makes you so much tougher overall.

A close second is the Teleporter Bomb, so great for capturing ships intact.
Gorlom

Re: What's your favourite Weapon/System/Sub-System?

Postby Gorlom » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 pm

cuthawolf wrote:A close second is the Teleporter Bomb, so great for capturing ships intact.

which one? small bomb, fire bomb, ion bomb or heal bomb?
Targetstar

Postby Targetstar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Favriot System.... Teleporter, with level 3 on it, (or 4 for a special ship), you can have a bunch of guys in there fighting,

2nd favriot is the Defence Drone MK I, dosn't take alot of energy so i can do other stuff, and missles no prob >< (still hate bomes)
cuthawolf

Postby cuthawolf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Gorlom wrote:
cuthawolf wrote:A close second is the Teleporter Bomb, so great for capturing ships intact.

which one? small bomb, fire bomb, ion bomb or heal bomb?

I've actually never seen the Ion or Heal bomb. So I'd have to go with the small bomb for now, although a fire bomb would be sweet.
Mugenjin

Postby Mugenjin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:58 pm

I reeally like the Halberd Beam since it goes through 1 shield if it needs to and has awesome damage.
Maya

Postby Maya » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:42 pm

My Favorite is the Teleporter with a Small or Fire Bomb for their Med Bay or Weaponsystems.

And also a combo of 2 or 3 Burst Laser are pretty nice, if the enemy can't repairing their shield fast enough (especially in early sectors^^)
Techercizer

Postby Techercizer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Drone Control is the only system you need. Defense Drone Mk II will keep you nice and safe, leaving you free to fire boarding drones or anti-ship drones at your convenience.
Trollcake

Postby Trollcake » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 pm

I love the glaive beam, even though it is only short and takes up alot of power, it completely destroys everythingwith its 3 damage per room.
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 pm

I love the cloaking device. VERY handy at level 3.

Some do not like it, but it REALLY does help especially if you have the augment "Stealth Weapons".
groznij

Postby groznij » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 pm

I just did a playthrough where I got dual Mk II Burst Lasers and a Glaive beam. It was perfect since the lasers fire in 12s intervals, and the glaive is 25s. With a lvl 2 weapons guy the lasers are quick enough to pound most enemy weapons before they fire. A perfect salvo netted a total of ~15-18 dmg... :twisted: