How to get best rewards?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
anchoritt

How to get best rewards?

Postby anchoritt » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi,
I'm just wondering if it's better to suffocate the enemy crew or kill them via boarding. Is there some difference in the rewards? Also does damage to the enemy hull have any impact?
aaaaaa50

Re: How to get best rewards?

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:03 pm

There are two reward lists. One for destroying the ship, and one for killing all the crew. It doesn't matter how you kill the crew, and hull damage isn't factored in at all.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 pm

I thought there was a smaller chance of getting new crew if there was no air left?

I know I have gotten crew when the enemy ship had no air, so maybe that's just an unsubstantiated rumor.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Iranon

Postby Iranon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Probably superstition. Brains have this wonderful way of looking for correlations everywhere... I used to entertain similar suspicions about the Anti-Bio-Beam (no crew the first 10 kills or so with it).
Dontmindme

Postby Dontmindme » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 pm

It's an unsubstantiated rumor. I've seen it posted before. It just isn't true. There is <deadCrew> or <destroyed> or <surrender> or <escape> leading to <gotaway>