Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
BKT

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby BKT » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 pm

7445 with Shivan ... 3,356 scraps collected. :shock:

Of all the weapons you see in my inventory, I only bought 2 guns— Heavy laser MK1 and the Ion MK2 (which I also got another one for free! I had to leave it since my inventory is full) ... I only bought Cloak because I had so much scraps and there's nothing left to buy... I didn't buy Telepad though.
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:01 am

BKT wrote:7445 with Shivan ... 3,356 scraps collected. :shock:

Of all the weapons you see in my inventory, I only bought 2 guns— Heavy laser MK1 and the Ion MK2 (which I also got another one for free! I had to leave it since my inventory is full) ... I only bought Cloak because I had so much scraps and there's nothing left to buy... I didn't buy Telepad though.

I'd rather buy cloak before the other upgrades. Teleport too. But with such a beefed up ship you don't really need teleport, and hardly the cloak. You took down that flagship in no time. Your ship is probably the exception that showcase how much (un)luck drive this game, and also the importance of cloak/teleport; your ship is a once in the universe chain of events.
BKT

Postby BKT » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:53 pm

I have been playing with no Cloak or Tele for quite a while now. Like this one for instance. You can browse around my youtube vid to see more.

Cloak is good, but I'm not really a fan of it; I usually focus my attention on attacking the enemy and tend to forget to activate it... :oops:

The only reason I don't buy Telepad is because I find it a bit too powerful and made the game not as fun as just using weapons and drones. ;)
Thrudgel

Postby Thrudgel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Ranarius Webfoot wrote:Also I got to the secret sector for the first time without savescumming! Woohoo!

I thought you can't save in this game, do people do it?
I made the mistake of playing Xcom:EU on impossible mode, beating the game and had to buy a new one.
I won't make the same mistake twice. I would have still been playing Xcom:EU if i left it on ironman to stop my savescum habits to rewrite a flawless win.
Fluffywolf

Postby Fluffywolf » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:28 pm

I think it's pretty good for the red tail ship. I raped the last boss too, didn't even take damage! Had two burst mark II lasers, a glaive beam (if thats the 3 energy one) and still one starting laser and full cloak and teleporter. Didn't even install the drone system. :>
Klarth

Postby Klarth » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 am

7195 with Rock A. No secret sector, no adv navigation, and only 2 rebel fleet ships destroyed. I attribute my score to a very successful final sector. The amount of scrap you get there is ridiculous.

http://i.imgur.com/EwjvR5P.jpg
Mutineer

Postby Mutineer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 am

Minimum score I needed to win the game was 4872, Looking around it seems around typical minimal score when winning game. I am curious, How mach smaller can it go.

Edit: Ohh And I mean on Normal.
wissenschaft

Postby wissenschaft » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 am

I almost got a 5k score just now. 4976. DAMN, SO SO CLOSE. LOL On normal, of course.

Oh and my first normal win was just 4195. Shame, I know. Still, I don't think you can get below 4k on normal if you manage to beat the game.

This was with the Torus so I forgo cloak and instead used 1 Anti Ship mk 1, 1 Beam mk , and 1 defense mk 1 drones. My weapons were my starting Ion Blast Mark II, Ion bomb, and a Burst Laser mk 3. Even this still kills the boss pretty fast. Sadly, I lost my teleporting team when a boarding drone crashed right into teleport room. Ended up just destroying the ship since my remaining crew were just humans and engi and they were not going to be able to take on a boarding drone on in a vacuum.

The Torus is a fun mech but it does depend on luck to find the right weapons and drones by sector 3 or else your in a lot of trouble.

I think my favorite ships are the Kestrel B (Red-Tail),The Fed A (The Osprey), and the crystal ship A (Bravais) since they are the most balanced ships with starting weapons and crew that let you use whatever you happened to find in stores. Other ships just get screwed if they can't find the right items fast enough.
kilnborn

Postby kilnborn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:56 am

wissenschaft wrote:I don't think you can get below 4k on normal if you manage to beat the game.

A win with a score of < 4k is plenty possible.

My high score. Apparently, I'm not any good at high scores in this game.
BKT

Postby BKT » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 pm

My first ever Slug_B run : 6123 ... Not bad. But I wish I got the LR Scanner at early sector and not at the end of sector 7 like it did. :(

And that was really fast considering that I didn't have any offensive augment and a lot of missed shots. :twisted: