Have a problem? Reporting a Bug? - Read Me Please

General discussion about the game.
Matthew
Site Admin

Have a problem? Reporting a Bug? - Read Me Please

Postby Matthew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am

Hello.

Check out our FAQ for a quick reference for technical issues: http://www.ftlgame.com/?page_id=192

If you have a a problem running the game or find a bug, please post it at:
http://www.GetSatisfaction.com/FTLgame

This helps you and us in a number of ways:
It lets you see if someone posted the same problem; saving us both time.
It allows us to quickly and easily find and manage topics.
Problems won't get lost or need to be constantly "bumped".

Feel free to use this space to discuss bugs and problems. But keep in mind: if you post your problem within this forum WE MAY NOT RESPOND in a timely manner. It's a lot harder to deal with bug submissions in a forum environment.

If you're having a problem with crashing or unable to run the game, general logs and crash logs can be helpful for debugging. Please see below for where to find those and email them to us or post them on GetSatisfaction!

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Logs:

The crash dumps can be found in: <SteamInstall>/steamapps/common/FTL Faster Than Light/crashlogs

If the game is failing to start, also look for and send me this file: <SteamInstall>/steamapps/common/FTL Faster Than Light/stdout.txt

Mac OS X Logs:

Depending on your OS version, you might find helpful crash logging in one of these two locations:

~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

As of OS X version 10.7, the ~/Library folder is hidden. You can get around that easiest in two ways:
-Within Finder, "Go->Go To Folder" will let you access it
-Open up a terminal and enter "chflags nohidden ~/Library/" as a long term solution to permanently reveal the folder

Linux Logs:

Same location as your save data. This is most likely in ~/.local/share/FasterThanLight, but check where you've set XDG_DATA_HOME to be if you've modified it.

Running FTL from within a terminal will also provide basic logging that can be invaluable for debugging startup issues.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Master

Re: Have a problem? Reporting a Bug? - Read Me Please

Postby Master » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm

I cant seem to deselect crew members. When I select a crew member and move the selected crew member to a new location he moves there but I cant deselect him so when I click a new different crew member they will both be selected. I don't see a way to deselect crew so I can move only one crew member at a time. any help?
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello,

Not sure if this is where I should post this, I'll try get satisfaction too.

Anyho, from personal experience and from finding that other people feel the same way, I believe that the Weapon Pre-igniter augmentation should be debuffed. It is FAR too powerful with absolutely no downsides. I find that all my battles are far too easy now, and if I wanted easy, I would not have bought this amazing game ;P.

Thanks, and great work devs!
boa13

Postby boa13 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Artamba, please create a specific thread in the Technical Support and Bugs forum if you feel this is an issue that needs correction. That said, maybe try first to discuss with other players in this Discussion forum (in a thread separate from this one), maybe they disagree and can explain why.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.