Put FTL on both computers in my house?

General discussion about the game.
holden

Put FTL on both computers in my house?

Postby holden » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi,

So am I permitted to use the install link to put FTL on both of the laptops in my house, mine and my wife's, or do I need to buy it twice?

cheers.
boa13

Re: Put FTL on both computers in my house?

Postby boa13 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 am

Will both of you be playing it at the same time? :)
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

Technically each person should own their own copy. Although you could install it on your home PC, laptop and even at work. The copy is tied with the person using it, not neccesarily the number of computers it's installed on. Although some licenses limit that as well.

Lucky you, that asks about this mere days before the game goes on sale. :D You can currently buy FTL for $4!
Check this announcement.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
icepick

Postby icepick » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 pm

It's $6...

And I think he's perfectly welcome to install it on both computers he owns. :roll: He owns the game and he owns the computers.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Sorry about the price mixup.

And yeah, if a father buys a game for his 3 kids, it's not like he's gonna buy 3 copies... i don't know where the line is, but when you buy something it should be yours to use. Thing is, you can share a car all you want it's still just one car. If you copy a game on the other hand it's no longer just one.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
icepick

Postby icepick » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Yeah, I do agree it's a moral grey area. I won't share with my brother, but I will with my wife. (shrug) To each his own on that one.

I do think that you probably SHOULD buy separate copies for separate users. And if my wife ever takes me up on an offer of trying a game I may do just that, haha. I guess it's never been an issue for me. I install across multiple computers b/c I'm the only person ever actually using them.