Suggestion: Warning beep when your crew are at 25% health

General discussion about the game.
Jason

Suggestion: Warning beep when your crew are at 25% health

Postby Jason » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Lost a few crew when there health was so low I did not notice till i heard there death sound, btw female death sounds sound like a guy are they the same sound?

I would like a beep even just once when a crew members health goes below 25%

Maybe an upgraded medi bay can also monitor the crew and make a noise if there health drops really low instead.

And have there icon flash when it gets that low as well.
ezryder

Re: Suggestion: Warning beep when your crew are at 25% healt

Postby ezryder » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 pm

I tend to micro manage my crew during a battle, hitting the space bar constantly. :)

But yes letting me know their health is almost gone with some sort of notification would be helpful. Like a "Help me Spock!" or something. ;)
Lestibournes

Postby Lestibournes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 am

ezryder wrote:I tend to micro manage my crew during a battle, hitting the space bar constantly. :)

But yes letting me know their health is almost gone with some sort of notification would be helpful. Like a "Help me Spock!" or something. ;)

The health bar flashes with a red outline.
benprunty
Site Admin

Postby benprunty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:46 am

I'm going to be recording more crew sounds this weekend, including female crew member sounds. Having the crew shout "MEDIC!" or something isn't out of the question. :)
I made the music for FTL! :D
@benprunty
http://benprunty.com/
Awesome free album - http://benprunty.bandcamp.com/
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 am

For the love of all things VALVe, make it where we can swap out sound clips of our choosing. I'd love to swap in the Heavy's MEEEEEEDIC call.
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:59 am

Warbird wrote:For the love of all things VALVe, make it where we can swap out sound clips of our choosing. I'd love to swap in the Heavy's MEEEEEEDIC call.

How about we just switch all the sound effects with the scout's "Need a dispenser here!"
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Justin wrote:
Warbird wrote:For the love of all things VALVe, make it where we can swap out sound clips of our choosing. I'd love to swap in the Heavy's MEEEEEEDIC call.

How about we just switch all the sound effects with the scout's "Need a dispenser here!"

Game of the Year
violleta1809

Re: Suggestion: Warning beep when your crew are at 25% health

Postby violleta1809 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 am

Hello,

You are thinking great but it's not that much possible. ONly you can give every crew members a device which they can send alerts when their health down under 25%. Someone can make this type of the device what you are expecting and they will attach that device with the brain, but I think it would not good to connect a device all the time. I think it would not good for health.
Thanks!
Medina0928

Re: Suggestion: Warning beep when your crew are at 25% health

Postby Medina0928 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:50 am

violleta1809 wrote:Hello,

You are thinking great but it's not that much possible. ONly you can give every crew members a device which they can send alerts when their health down under 25%. Someone can make this type of the device what you are expecting and they will attach that device with the brain, but I think it would not good to connect a device all the time. I think it would not good for health.
Thanks!

I agree with you

Thank you for posting something like this.