Question/Suggestion- Infinite mode?

General discussion about the game.
Paul

Question/Suggestion- Infinite mode?

Postby Paul » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi! Just a quick Question/suggestion- I noticed in the pre-beta video 5, that there was a choice of sectors for the player. however, as they continued playing, they ended up returning to one end sector (if you see what I mean). This seems to indicate to me some finite end to the game/section of game, some sort of uber boss similar to the demo. Will beating this "win" the game, or just permit access the the next group of sectors. it just seems a shame to end the game with no option to continue, which is where i'd suggest some sort of "infinite"/"endless"/"boss-free" mode (obviously you may need to work on the name.....you're welcome to call it "Paul mode")... anyway, just a thought.
Game looks awesome, though, either way. Wish I'd paid a bit more for beta access....
Warbird

Re: Question/Suggestion- Infinite mode?

Postby Warbird » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I want to say that this was brought up before, but I'm not sure. I agree that an Infinite mode would be a nice addition.
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 pm

I requested this a while back in an email (during the onlive demo) and the developers told me that they were not going to do this because of balancing issues.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:44 am

Infinite mode will definitely be in the game. The current design is that you can, if you wish, just continue playing infinitely after the final boss. We didn't think it seemed fair to make you choose in the beginning what mode you wanted, so we opted for the nowadays common "continue playing" after winning design.

Yes the balance is difficult, and right now you might find yourself breaking past a point and it levelling out in difficulty, but we'll make sure to figure out how to ramp it up to give a good challenge in 'infinite mode' :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Wanderduene

Postby Wanderduene » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:33 am

zasdarq wrote:Infinite mode will definitely be in the game. The current design is that you can, if you wish, just continue playing infinitely after the final boss. We didn't think it seemed fair to make you choose in the beginning what mode you wanted, so we opted for the nowadays common "continue playing" after winning design.

Yes the balance is difficult, and right now you might find yourself breaking past a point and it levelling out in difficulty, but we'll make sure to figure out how to ramp it up to give a good challenge in 'infinite mode' :)

That's great! I think it's a good idea to ask the player after the boss what he want to do :)
Paul

Postby Paul » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 am

Awesome! I still think It should be called "Paul mode" but this made my day :D
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 am

Matthew wrote:Infinite mode will definitely be in the game. The current design is that you can, if you wish, just continue playing infinitely after the final boss. We didn't think it seemed fair to make you choose in the beginning what mode you wanted, so we opted for the nowadays common "continue playing" after winning design.

But it isn't in the game! :cry: