Don't you think this is kinda.......silly?

General discussion about the game.
FreedomFighter

Don't you think this is kinda.......silly?

Postby FreedomFighter » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:46 pm

well the game is amazing yes but talk about story and little Kestral job, ain't she and her crews suppose to scout out about Rebel force and found out about Rebel flagship then process to fly all the way back while thousand of Rebel force try to murder us, on the way back to main fleet we finally finish our job, the truth about Rebel force been warn then they just.........kick us back to fight their flagship? really? Federation don't have enough strength to fight them at all?

still i don't know why they start to rebel against Federation and from what i seen mostly Rebel force out strength the Federation.

one of my playthrough on Last Stand sector i'm surprise about Federation main base been overrun by Rebel before their Flagship even arrive!!! this look so wrong.

game is awesome btw, addictive for like 3 days non-stop now.
SushaBrancaleone

Re: Don't you think this is kinda.......silly?

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 am

whatever your on id like to try some :)

maybe im wrong but it seems to me you might have read 1 out of 3 lines of every text.

when you get to the "final sector" you are told that "they" will keep hold of the enemy fleet, but you need to take the bid bad ship. Its not really a new idea. It kinda, (but just kinda) reminds me of star wars , return of the jedi, finale where lando has to kill the new death star with the millenium falcon while the big ships engage in the rear lines.

and about the federation overunning the enemy base, if you read the text it says, the rebel flagship is within range of the federation base. You know, kinda like the deathstar at the end of star wars, a new hope....

this might look so wrong to you but it is.. a 30 year old cliche in sci fi ..
plenty for you to rationalize.

also, rogue games tend to do that: just give you a story setting. It is not a RPG within a defined story (kill the dragon save the princess, get the rainbow axe of chumbawamba etc) it just provides you with a background context what your imagination chooses to do with it, its up to you.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 am

Yeah, I thought the "weak point of the fleet" secret being the rebel flagship was a bit silly. It's like if, in the first Star Wars, the secret intel was simply that the Death Star existed.

But hey, I didn't mind. This sort of game doesn't need a strong story.
sanlinks65

Postby sanlinks65 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:04 am

yep i think its relay imaging story :lol:
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 am

I agree with the OP. The story is quite weak at that point. While it's perfectly normal to have a big boss to beat in order to finish the game, the FTL story doesn't make sense.

You are running ahead of a massive invasion, desperatly trying to reach your forces before the enemy does because you have vital information that will expose the Rebels only weakness. The Rebels are allways gaining on you, and you can never truly leave them behind, so it will come down to a showdown in the end.

So when you finally reach the Feds, and explain the Rebels ONLY weakness, naturaly the Federation then exploits this weakness and decisively wins the war.

except...

When you finally reach the Feds, and explain the Rebels ONLY weakness, naturaly the Federation then sends you alone to defeat the Mothership.

Unless Zap Branningan is running the Federation, that story does not make sense. If for no other reason, then because you could have engaged the Rebel Mothership well before the last stand...

I noticed this the first time i was thrust against the Mothership but was kept too busy to think about it. And since i liked the game so much and played it for hours and hours and forgot about the inconsistency.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 am

If the Corelian Corvette with Leia would make it to the Rebels, they'd send it alone against Death Star : )
(according to FTL logic)
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 pm

I think some of you (or maybe I) misunderstood. In the last stand you are not alone, the federation is doing what it can to prevent the rebels from taking over all the beacons, like in other sectors. In the last stand, you are deep within the rebels' fleet but there are still some shops and repair stations and whatnot.
The thing that bugs me is the excuse for only getting 1 fuel from elite fighters. I don't care that the cruisers are coming, I'll kill them too, just give me some scrap!
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

EdenNov wrote:I think some of you (or maybe I) misunderstood. In the last stand you are not alone, the federation is doing what it can to prevent the rebels from taking over all the beacons, like in other sectors. In the last stand, you are deep within the rebels' fleet but there are still some shops and repair stations and whatnot.
The thing that bugs me is the excuse for only getting 1 fuel from elite fighters. I don't care that the cruisers are coming, I'll kill them too, just give me some scrap!

what he said
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:58 pm

It'd be workable with a slight change of the story. Make the current flagship an important logistics ship (refueling, communications, etc) that's vital to the Rebel Fleet and you're golden. If you want really want to shake it up, make it so that they stay back behind the front lines with a real flagship that you have no hope of beating roaming around blowing things to pieces.
TJJ

Postby TJJ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

The game doesn't take itself too seriously, neither should you.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER here!