Slight increase to energy race health?..

General discussion about the game.
thereaverofdarkness

Re: Slight increase to energy race health?..

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:40 pm

The only way to kill them in one hit with a missile is if a breach missile reduces them to 10 hp and creates a fire which finishes them off. I'm not saying it never happens, but it's pretty uncommon. Usually what kills them is multiple hits, or getting stuck in a dangerous room. At 70 health they are a bit squishy but that's the tradeoff for their advantages.

I played a mod which bumped them up to 85 health and it made them only marginally more frail than humans. That coupled with their high advantages, and complete lack of advantages on part of the humans, made Zoltan crew simply better than other options. I much prefer Advanced Edition which keeps them at 70 health but gives them an explosion on death (which is good or bad depending what you do with it), and gives humans a small advantage in training speed to offset how otherwise neutral they are. I still love having Zoltan crewmembers, but finally it's nice to have a variety, and if I get stuck with humans instead of zoltan, it doesn't feel like I'm missing out.