Will future updates add more encounters/events?

General discussion about the game.
AzuredreamsXT

Will future updates add more encounters/events?

Postby AzuredreamsXT » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 am

Have the devs talked about this at all anywhere?
Agent_L

Re: Will future updates add more encounters/events?

Postby Agent_L » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:37 am

AzuredreamsXT wrote:Will future updates add more encounters/events?
Have the devs talked about this at all anywhere?
If you buy a car, do you ask "Will it get better MPG in the future?" "Will the maker introduce new colors and repaint my car for free?"
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
AzuredreamsXT

Postby AzuredreamsXT » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:43 am

I don't mind at all if it isn't the case, some games periodically will add a new event/map/level etc along with bug fixes every now and then. It's either gonna be that or DLC right? Or both I suppose, but I'm easy either way.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:53 am

There are dozens of ppl on this forums either posting "Mom, buy me that candy", "Mom, buy me any candy" or "Mom, are you going to buy me some candy?".

Well, grownups know that no candy comes for free and Mom needs money to buy anything.
If Mom will have some extra money, she'll buy the candy of her choice. It's pointless to keep asking every 5 minutes.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Knight Rider

Postby Knight Rider » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:43 pm

It's not pointless. That's how you make something greater, repeated feedback. Repetition just means maybe there's something that needs to to be paid attention too. And yes, if you have that much repetition, it means people would have no problem paying for an expansion, if it came down to that.

Simple economics.
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Agent_L wrote:There are dozens of ppl on this forums either posting "Mom, buy me that candy", "Mom, buy me any candy" or "Mom, are you going to buy me some candy?".

Well, grownups know that no candy comes for free and Mom needs money to buy anything.
If Mom will have some extra money, she'll buy the candy of her choice. It's pointless to keep asking every 5 minutes.

Wow, this is a really caustic reply to a post that has at no point in time displayed any sort of assumption of future benefits or any other form of "entitlement" (loathe as I am to use that word, with the multitude of unspoken connotations that it implies).

Save the angry replies to someone who has actually displayed any sort of attitude that matches what you're railing against, rather than just anyone who even tangentially mentions a topic which is sorta, kinda, vaguely similar to it.

-----

To the original poster, the team's GetSatisfaction page includes this, which seems to answer your question:

FTLGame wrote:If posting a SUGGESTION. Please keep in mind we've worked very hard to finish this game and the current priority is only bugs and tech support. There are no plans for updates in the immediate future and once the release calms down we will be taking a break from FTL.

So, not anytime soon, but potentially later on. From your perspective, safest to assume that there will not be (and possibly be pleasantly surprised in the future) and look into the modding section for expanded content if you want more, rather than to assume that there will be (and possibly be disappointed if there isn't later; see: Terraria)
ComboBreaker

Postby ComboBreaker » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Guys,its a valid question,stop flaming if you do not have any specific information.Fuck.
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 pm

The dev did talk about POSSIBLY adding modding support to the game after it release.
So future updates may not add encounters/events, but may provide sufficient modding supports for you to get those encounters/events from other people.
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:10 pm

UberFubarius wrote:The dev did talk about POSSIBLY adding modding support to the game after it release.
So future updates may not add encounters/events, but may provide sufficient modding supports for you to get those encounters/events from other people.

For reference, they talked about expanding the mod support - there's already a decent sized modding community on this site, which has a fairly decent toolset to make a number of changes to the game already (especially in the form of new content).
Old Uncle Midwinter

Postby Old Uncle Midwinter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:47 am

First off - Azuredreams, eh? Good name. Second off - wow, Agent_L. Cool down. Though you may not like to hear it, there is such a thing as a free lunch, the world is not a market, and growing up isn't something to be proud of.

Yer question, Azuredreams, has already been mostly answered by Icehawk - but there are a lot of content mods that aim to add/expand on encounters and events. As someone who was myself sorely disappointed by the fact the main game has far less meat then some other free roguelikes, I'm planning to kick back some work to those mods, myself. If you want to try your hand at writing and/or coding, why not drop on by the mod forum? I'm sure you have a few good and interesting ideas you'd like to see in-game!