[Idea] Fuel Converter

General discussion about the game.
GoldenShadowGS

[Idea] Fuel Converter

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 am

Your FTL jump exit wormhole transforms local nebula gas and plasma into a fuel source.

This Augment would cost 20-30 scrap. (Price to be determined/balanced). When you enter a Nebula beacon, this device collects nebula gas and manufactures FTL fuel from it. This is done automatically, you get +1 fuel when you enter a nebula, but still spend -1 fuel to jump out. So it essentially, you are breaking even. Flying through nebulas would cost no fuel with this augment.
UltraMantis

Re: [Idea] Fuel Converter

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:27 am

Hmm, on one hand it would not be usefull enough in regular sectors, and on the other it would mean free travel through nebua asectors which seems overpowered. But since it doesn't kill anything i guess it would fit in well with the game.

I like it, it's not a bad idea. Not sure i'd buy it but if there wasn't going to be anything better for a while or if i got it as a random gift it wouldn't be bad.

Since nebulas are very usefull and quite a lot of players allways run through them (myself included) then nebulas would need to be made more dangerous. They're way to tame...

If the aug was made more expensive, the selling price would increase as well. That would actually buff the aug :lol: in my opinion.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
mqstout

Postby mqstout » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:05 pm

The cost of nebula travel is the fuel. Nebula beacons tend to have a lot more "nothing happens" encounters to make up for its slowing of the rebel pursuit. That, and the dreaded ion storms and rewardless boarding events.
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 pm

I honestly don't get the hate for nebula storms. Your opponent is operating under the same conditions, and you're smarter than it is. All it does is make it easier to kill the enemy.